307 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
tunesurfers says

I think there must be a limitation on the number of items by the same author. I noticed that some authors are dominating the whole row on some pages.

451 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Depard says

I have checked few of my items. Looks great, there are a lot of authors with their similar items on my item page, but I am on their item pages to. So its great.

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
468 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

Any ways the buyers get suggestions to help them browse this huge, ever growing catalog is great. Good job guys, keep it up!

293 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

Cool feature! I agree though it can be a bit confusing at times—on some of my pages, items that appear in the “More from author” are repeated in the “Other similar items”, it would be nice if the feature was able to avoid duplicates. I’ve also noticed on some item pages (not necessarily my own) that the “Other similar items” was populated by all or almost all of the owner’s items, essentially two rows of “More from author”, which seemed to defeat the purpose a bit.

Thinking about it more, perhaps it would be nice to update the “More from author” list so that it doesn’t simply show the newest items, but shows the similar items from the author, and then the “Other similar items” would omit the owner entirely and only show other related author tracks.

515 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
MartijndeBont says

I don’t like it, sorry guys… I can’t get used to the fact that there is other authors work on my pages now. I’m doing a lot of promotion for my own items and now it’s like giving free promos for other authors work. I understand I’m also on other authors pages now, that makes sense, but I still don’t like it :p. It just doesn’t feel right in my mind. Maybe I feel better about this in a couple of days, could be.

606 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

This is amazing guys! As someone who does a lot of shopping on PhotoDune I know that this type of thing is really useful and will really do everyone well!! Thanks so Much!!

1050 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

Hmmm..I’m with Martijn on this one at the moment I’m afraid. It’s a very bitter pill to swallow seeing other, namely, high selling authors on my page.

Couldn’t help noticing too that ‘similar items’ don’t seem to shuffle or randomise every time you re-visit that track. I’m checking other author’s items, which I feel are very similar to my own, but no joy.

Also, when I visit one of these similar items, I’ve noticed my own tracks are not reciprocated on their item.

56 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
vibecode says

I don’t like it, sorry guys… I can’t get used to the fact that there is other authors work on my pages now. I’m doing a lot of promotion for my own items and now it’s like giving free promos for other authors work. I understand I’m also on other authors pages now, that makes sense, but I still don’t like it :p. It just doesn’t feel right in my mind. Maybe I feel better about this in a couple of days, could be.

I have to support MartijndeBont, though for myself I have not decided is this good or bad.

It would be best if this feature is an optional. If an author does not want to show other people’s files on his page, he could turn off this feature (his files also not visible on other authors page in this case)

1050 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

It would be best if this feature is an optional. If an author does not want to show other people’s files on his page, he could turn off this feature (his files also not visible on other authors page in this case)

+100. Exactly my thoughts. I can certainly see the thinking behind why this has been implemented, but really not happy about the fact that it’s not optional.

1183 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

The flipside to this is that if you’re a newbie author and your related track is featured on …let’s say…the #1 selling file on Audiojungle, you’re going to get a lot of extra traffic, which is cool, but….. there seem to be quite a few flaws, most already mentioned:

First thing I noticed is that the ‘similar items’ doesn’t change no matter how many times you refresh. These similar items absolutely shouldn’t be static.

I have to agree with others, I think it should be optional. This kind of thing works very well on Amazon but probably not as well here.

Also, I can’t see how you’re going to be able to make this system fair to all authors. I’d be pleasantly surprised if your system allows you to shuffle items around enough that enough music from different authors gets exposed.

Finally, is anyone working on that search engine?

by
by
by
by
by
by