156 posts For the Love of Music and Sound
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
audiophile-trax says

Chendo, I think it’s great. Anything that helps the buyer find what their looking more efficiently for is going to help overall sales. Nice work! :)

75 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Russian Federation
wadim251185 says

The idea is good! Since there are many forgotten authors. which for instance do not write music lately, and for them to quietly forget … and with this feature of their tracks are visible along with the new … great idea.

365 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
musicguy says

Very nice idea – thanks Envato!

297 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Italy
+1 more
Cinquequarti says

Very useful! Big thanks to Envato!

205 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
TJMusic says

Great that this feature has came out! It’s an essential feature to motivate authors to focus on quality instead of uploading garbage fighting for front page exposure. The old, quality items should be promoted more than the new uploads, and this feature is the great step in this direction.

A few suggestions that came to my head when looking at the results. On some authors, most of related items are items made by the same author. Sometimes the buyer indeed wants similar items of the same authors, but sometimes they want to see related items by other authors. It might be better if there were two separate lists of similar items. One list of similar items by the same author (which would replace the old list of “more items by…”) and another with similar items but only by other authors.

The algorithm itself might be a bit more sophisticated as well. I don’t know what algo is used right now, but adding the cross-selling and cross-viewing data would help a lot, because just analyzing the tags and keywords cannot replace the real user experience. I’ve coded such kind of lists many times, and using user behavior data in connection with keywords and category can yield great results.

606 posts Keeping the Groove Alive
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
+8 more
guitarsstate says

Nice idea in general, but still I find it a bit confusing. Maybe because I’m not used to it. At first I was in shock to see some other guy’s work on my item’s page(I’m sure that a lot of authors felt like that). Anyway, it’s great that the guys at Envato are trying out new ways of promotion. Keep up the awesome work ;)

P.S. I hope that the buyers will not get lost in that pile of so many “similar” items :P

386 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
MeGustaMusic says
Very good implementation. Sure it would be greater if the items are similar and not “exactly the same”, a guitarsstate said
I hope that the buyers will not get lost in that pile of so many “similar” items

If the client enters to a non popular track, and in the new slide, appears a very similar track of a popular author, that won´t help as much as it would do if in the slide appears non popular authors with similar track.

Nevertheless, great idea and a very good intention!

606 posts Keeping the Groove Alive
  • Won a competition
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
+8 more
guitarsstate says

Nevertheless, great idea and a very good intention!

No doubt about it ;)

12 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
purrifur says

One more way to show up! :) Thanks!

733 posts
  • Located in Poland
  • Won a Most Wanted contest