548 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

I seriously screwed up this morning. Funny about the thread the other day about work schedules…looks like I need one now.

I stayed up til 5:00 a.m. finishing the preview for a client, had a meeting with 3 people from the company at 9:00 a.m. this morning. Needless to say this dumb dumb overslept :(

I of course apologized all over myself, told the truth that I overslept, and immediately offered a few hours free labor for their inconvenience and rescheduled the meeting.

I feel so f*cking retarded :( !!!!

How do you handle this when it happens. And don’t say it’s never happened to you or I’ll feel even worse :P Lovely way to start the weekend.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

Wow, just this morning I slept in till 1PM and thought to myself, what if I had a job/meeting to go to at this time that I would have never set an alarm for because I would have thought I would have woken up by then.

Seems like it materialized for you. :P

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Watch comedy. Go for a walk. Get an alarm clock.

3344 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
organicbee says

Watch comedy. Go for a walk. Get an alarm clock.

2 alarm clocks, in different parts of the room ;-)

382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
MelforDMThemes says

Suck it up and don’t make a big deal out of it… oh but wait, you already did. ;)

2468 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I think you did the right thing.

Had a few situations like this and it’s always best to come clean. After all, you put in hard work for them, which was the reason you overslept. Clients, just like people [lol], always appreciate the truth.

And yes, get a f*cking alarm clock, at least 4-5 feet away from your bed, so it’ll force you to get up(, hit snooze and go back to sleep :D :D :D )

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

I think you did the right thing.

Had a few situations like this and it’s always best to come clean. After all, you put in hard work for them, which was the reason you overslept. Clients, just like people [lol], always appreciate the truth.

And yes, get a f*cking alarm clock, at least 4-5 feet away from your bed, so it’ll force you to get up(, hit snooze and go back to sleep :D :D :D )

Get two alarm clocks, stick one of them to each end of a piece of bendy cardboard and use them as emergency headphones.

3007 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

I’ve heard of an alarm clock that starts cutting money from the stash you place inside!:)) Belive me , you will wake-up!! :D

548 posts
tonvie says

Lol. Thanks guys :) Believe it or not, the pillow fell on top of the alarm clock in the night sometime and I couldn’t hear it…must have been fate…yeah, maybe if I would have gone, I would have gotten in a car accident…now I feel better :D

4911 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

As a chronic insomniac for as long back as I can remember, believe me I know the feeling, and it sucks! It’s happened to me too many times to count, and of course, I only remember the times when I needed to wake up for some meeting really early. Usually waking up halfway through the scheduled meeting time in a panic, rushing and walking into it looking like I just rolled out of bed, trying to use traffic as an excuse.

I resolved the problem by finding a job working remotely, thanks Envato ;). What’s funny is when we had the Chicago meetup, we had a small meeting at 9am I believe with just the site manager team. Of course, I missed it (sorry again guys), and came down from my hotel room with an apology ready to go. Lol.

by
by
by
by
by
by