1276 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

I’m planning on buying a MacBook Pro this year, as I’m slowly converting from PC to Mac. I want the laptop for portability and the monitor for my home office. I was looking at geting the 27” Thunderbolt display but its had bad reviews and I also use one at work and it’s extremely shiny.

Are there any others out there that are around the 30” size that suit the MacBooks nicely?

194 posts Dreams Money Can Buy
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has referred 200+ members
+5 more
SwiftIdeas says

Where have you seen bad reviews?

I’ve only heard great things about the displays, and the panel is simply outstanding.

- Ed

2445 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

This is an amazing monitor.

1276 posts
+15 more

Where have you seen bad reviews?

I’ve only heard great things about the displays, and the panel is simply outstanding.

- Ed

On my Apple Store app. It’s got a lot of 1 star reviews. People complaining about the price, cables, so shiny it’s like a mirror (which I agree with).

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

I have a Thunderbolt display. I don’t see why there are bad reviews since it works perfectly with my macbook air and I have never had any problems. The colors are amazing and I highly recommend it.

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

This is an amazing monitor.

I was researching the difference between U23 11H and U23 12HM 2 seconds ago :D because I am also drooling over Dell.

Christine, I think for that price range you can go with an EIZO display, though I haven’t owned one. Still, the design won’t fit the MacBook.

Edit: They turned out to be more expensive, especially the 27’’ version. :(

1276 posts
+15 more

I have a Thunderbolt display. I don’t see why there are bad reviews since it works perfectly with my macbook air and I have never had any problems. The colors are amazing and I highly recommend it.

Its not so much the way it works, more the shiny screen. I work in a well lit room, with the room all the time. I’m worried that the reflections will be too annoying!

Would you recommend working with that set up? I currently have a Dell computer with dual monitors. But in my full time job I work on a MacBook Pro and Display. I’m getting annoyed with switching between the two different systems.

3717 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

I used to have an Apple Cinema Display, it was pretty awesome. Never had a problem with it being shiny or any issue with cables, it plugged into my MBP and worked from the outset.

...I sold it though because I didn’t use it. I found myself sitting with my MBP on my lap in the lounge.

Before forking out for an extra screen, I’d just make sure you’re going to make use of it ha

I found 15” to suffice :)

675 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+11 more
cudazi Envato team says

Before forking out for an extra screen, I’d just make sure you’re going to make use of it ha

I’ll +1 that comment.

I was looking at larger second monitors as well when I got my MBP but I just decided to hook up my old digital 17” Dell screen until I decide which one… It’s been connected now for almost a year. :)

366 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
RightHere says

I used to have the Cinema 30” from Apple, which was an amazing display.

Then I got a 27” iMac and now I have a MacBook Pro with 2×27” Thunderbolt Apple displays. I think they are great, but I’m also in perfect light conditions, so I have no issues with glare or sunlight.

by
by
by
by
by
by