Thanks for the info, placdarms! “Silence – the gold…”

832 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+7 more
wpbakery says

Regarding the SWIFT transfer. Last time I payed something about $85 of commission to receive the money. $35 took envato and rest was taken by banks “in the middle” and so on…. :(

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

Oh man… is there at least one normal way to get our earnings without getting accounts locked or being charged a hundred dollars? :S I should start charging my clients an additional “stress” tax.

1877 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says
Regarding the SWIFT transfer. Last time I payed something about $85 of commission to receive the money. $35 took envato and rest was taken by banks “in the middle” and so on…. :(

That’s not that bad considering the fact that on MB mastercard you lose around 3-5% of your money on transactions (depends on the current exchange rate, atm, etc.)

3959 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says

Anyone know i have BankAccount in EUR currency, for Swift transfer can i receive USD $ to EUR via SWIFT ?

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says
Anyone know i have BankAccount in EUR currency, for Swift transfer can i receive USD $ to EUR via SWIFT ?

Sure, just a currency conversion (+ a fee for that) will apply. ;)

232 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
placdarms Envato team says

Your bank would answer that question. i asked my bank a while ago and they said i need an Euro account if i want to receive an Euro payment and have it in euros rather in my local currency. If i don’t want to have it in original currency i can receive euro payments to may local currency account and it will be converted automatically before coming into my account.

In my other bank they keep the original currency and I can choose to convert it later. What’s more interesting if you’re receiving a lot of money – in my case if it’s more than 7200EUR (or equivalent in other currency) converted at once – you can go to bank and they will provide better exchange rate for you. I did it twice and one time the better currency rate gave me something like 100EUR extra other time it was something like 300EUR extra for the better exchange rate only.

3959 posts After Effects Templates
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+9 more
miseld says

Your bank would answer that question. i asked my bank a while ago and they said i need an Euro account if i want to receive an Euro payment and have it in euros rather in my local currency. If i don’t want to have it in original currency i can receive euro payments to may local currency account and it will be converted automatically before coming into my account.

In my other bank they keep the original currency and I can choose to convert it later. What’s more interesting if you’re receiving a lot of money – in my case if it’s more than 7200EUR (or equivalent in other currency) converted at once – you can go to bank and they will provide better exchange rate for you. I did it twice and one time the better currency rate gave me something like 100EUR extra other time it was something like 300EUR extra for the better exchange rate only.

Thanks Filips

79 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
vamapaull says

I have used Moneybookers and never had any problems. Now I have the Moneybookers card and I can spend my money as soon as they get into my MB account (I don’t have to wait a few more days until the MB money get into my bank account).

@50andJACK
edit: PayPal held my money for 4 months last year I think. They said it was a bug intheir system or something/ But MoneyBookers’s converting system is the craziest I’ve ever seen. Basically if you make your account in LEI , and your card is in EURO . and for example you receive 150 euro and wanna withdraw it, their system will let you withdraw only 150 LEI :D. At least that’s what happened to me, so I ended up spending it on the internet so I wouldn;t lose most of it. It’s pretty hard to evenpsend it online, since not too many companies accept MoneyBookers.

So let me try to understand what you are saying. You received 150 EURO into your MB account, the amount was automatically converted to LEI , and then you could only withdraw 150 LEI ? That dose not make any sense since 150 EURO is like 630 LEI . That is the amount that you should have had in your MB account after the conversion from EURO to LEI , right? That is the amount that you can withdraw to your bank account (630 LEI ). I really don’t see where the problem was, why you stated that you could only withdraw 150 LEI and I don’t see why you said you didn’t want to lose most of it (in the case that you withdraw 150 LEI , the rest of the money remains into your MB account, you don’t lose it).

170 posts Amazing WordPress Themes
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Code125 says

Thank you guys for these info you answered many of my questions :)

by
by
by
by
by
by