485 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
omarabid says

Isn’t this your mistake? You hadn’t read the fees table before switching your account, did you?

Just curious: Why the hell do you have to talk with them (support)

232 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
placdarms Envato team says
Isn’t this your mistake? You hadn’t read the fees table before switching your account, did you? Just curious: Why the hell do you have to talk with them (support)

well, it is my mistake that I talked too much and that’s why I’m trying to warn my colleagues here.

It all started when I opened MB account on behalf of my company. Because that was the way how to transfer my Envato money to may company’s account and pay taxes from it. I did some procedures to confirm my account (like confirm your address, your bank account and other thing they’re asking) and be able to withdraw money. But then suddenly one day i tried to withdraw my money and they said they have some new rules and you have to withdraw less than 15$ to your bank account and they’ll provide some unique code with the transfer so that they can confirm it’s your account you’re withdrawing to. (I take this is not something you have to do when you withdraw to your personal account) i did what they said, but there was not any unique code attached to it. So i contacted support asking what’s wrong. They gave apologies and asked if i could provide a screenshot from my ibank page. somehow conversation went and they asked if i would like to get a merchant status. i said – let me know what the benefits of that is. Because i thought you get some better fees by gaining that status. They sent me the pile of documents that has to be filled in order to gain that status, but when i read through I realized i don’t gain anything by signing up for that. Then after few days i received my money and realized they already signed me up for that by referring to standard terms and conditions.

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

PayPal sucks no less than Moneybookers, so don’t create illusions that PP is better.

Both can lock your account forever without any explanation and take all your money (even if they are $10,000). They aren’t governed by ordinary financial laws, because they aren’t banks, but services.

I got my account locked a few days ago, because “we have a reason to believe that somebody might be trying to access your account”. It had a happy ending though and I got an apology from them and a survey to fill.

But you can read much worse stories than that:

So never keep to much money in your account and if you have to take too much money from a client, use a SWIFT transfer. You’ll get charged about $30 but you will have your bank in your country responsible and it’s governed by financial laws.

Banks don’t charge $30 for nothing. They assure that you will have your money no matter what (if not, they will have to restore them, you can sue them, you have a written contract with them). PayPal and MoneyBookers assure nothing.

I will say that again: to me PayPal and MoneyBookers are the largest phishing and fraud sites on the web.

1722 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+6 more
Firsh says

Make sure you don’t keep your money there for long, it’s not earning interest and is not safe there in general. It’s safer on envato’s side but nor it is earning interest here.

1877 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Tell them to switch you back or send you the instructions for completely deleting your account. There is still paypal, payoneer or wire transfer you can use for withdrawal. Don’t let them screw with you. There is no win in either withdrawal option, but if one is causing you a problem, you should switch. Many people can be happy with mb though. But if you are not, just give them ultimatum and then switch if they won’t do what you want.

1182 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
campolar says

I use MB without any problem up till now…

Can i ask, why did you contact their support for so long?

643 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
navigator says
Tell them to switch you back or send you the instructions for completely deleting your account. There is still paypal, payoneer or wire transfer you can use for withdrawal. Don’t let them screw with you. There is no win in either withdrawal option, but if one is causing you a problem, you should switch. Many people can be happy with mb though. But if you are not, just give them ultimatum and then switch if they won’t do what you want.

+1

734 posts fifty_tons and CodingJack
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
50andJACK says
PayPal sucks no less than Moneybookers, so don’t create illusions that PP is better.

Both can lock your account forever without any explanation and take all your money (even if they are $10,000). They aren’t governed by ordinary financial laws, because they aren’t banks, but services.

I got my account locked a few days ago, because “we have a reason to believe that somebody might be trying to access your account”. It had a happy ending though and I got an apology from them and a survey to fill.

But you can read much worse stories than that:

So never keep to much money in your account and if you have to take too much money from a client, use a SWIFT transfer. You’ll get charged about $30 but you will have your bank in your country responsible and it’s governed by financial laws.

Banks don’t charge $30 for nothing. They assure that you will have your money no matter what (if not, they will have to restore them, you can sue them, you have a written contract with them). PayPal and MoneyBookers assure nothing.

I will say that again: to me PayPal and MoneyBookers are the largest phishing and fraud sites on the web.

+1, for large amounts use directly the bank, it’s safer. Not that I believe everything I hear, but banks have a lot more credibility :D.

edit: PayPal held my money for 4 months last year I think. They said it was a bug intheir system or something/ But MoneyBookers’s converting system is the craziest I’ve ever seen. Basically if you make your account in LEI , and your card is in EURO . and for example you receive 150 euro and wanna withdraw it, their system will let you withdraw only 150 LEI :D. At least that’s what happened to me, so I ended up spending it on the internet so I wouldn;t lose most of it. It’s pretty hard to evenpsend it online, since not too many companies accept MoneyBookers.

3085 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Raincutter says
Make sure you don’t keep your money there for long, it’s not earning interest and is not safe there in general. It’s safer on envato’s side but nor it is earning interest here.

+10

1552 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

They can switch everyone to the commercial account ,just by looking who sent you the money, so sooner or later , everyone who receives money from @envato.com will be switched to merchant account.
bummer :(

by
by
by
by
by
by