• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Latvia
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
placdarms Reviewer says

They might start to take extra money from you!

Don’t contact their support too often and don’t talk to them about where your money is coming from (Envato). Because by default they think that every user use their system to receive money from their granny. If you talk too much they might start to ask you questions and then offer to gain “Trusted business partner” status or “Merchant” status. Whatever you say after this offer they count you in already which means they start to take fee for receiving money which originally was advertised as free and some other restriction apply. For example when I last received around 800$ from Envato – MoneyBookers took over 15$ commission + in the merchant terms they talk something about “keeping rolling reserve of 10% of the funds received” and other things.

By talking too much you risk that you become one of those who sponsors their “free services” for others. Don’t fall like I did.

415 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Portugal
unisphere says
Because by default they think that every user use their system to receive money from their granny.

Never used their service and don’t plan to use in the future but that made me laugh mate :D

722 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
+4 more
plastic3 says

Last time i recieved money from MB, 25$ lost somewhere…They say, maybe this is intermediary bank commission…:)

115 posts
  • Argentina
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
Royks says

Don’t contact their support too often and don’t talk to them about where your money is coming from (Envato). Because by default they think that every user use their system to receive money from their granny. If you talk too much they might start to ask you questions and then offer to gain “Trusted business partner” status or “Merchant” status. Whatever you say after this offer they count you in already which means they start to take fee for receiving money which originally was advertised as free and some other restriction apply. For example when I last received around 800$ from Envato – MoneyBookers took over 15$ commission + in the merchant terms they talk something about “keeping rolling reserve of 10% of the funds received” and other things.

By talking too much you risk that you become one of those who sponsors their “free services” for others. Don’t fall like I did.

This means one thing: PayPal ftw.

229 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Latvia
+5 more
placdarms Reviewer says
Because by default they think that every user use their system to receive money from their granny.
Never used their service and don’t plan to use in the future but that made me laugh mate :D

well I could not come up with any other reason to receive money that is not commercial. Because any time you sell something or earn by servicing someone it counts commercial.

And no – my money didn’t disappeared in intermediary bank commission. When I asked where’s my money gone, they replied: “Please be advised that as you are using your account for commercial payment you account from now on is subject to our standard fee on the processed ‘receive money’ transactions.”

I liked their service because they offered a Bank card that is linked to my MB account and therefore i could access my money in the same day it gets into my MB account. Their services are good and in my experience – cheaper than PayPal, but just be careful, because once they start to finance their “free services” from your account it’s not cheaper any more.

1031 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+4 more
Pixelworkshop says

Thanks for sharing this information, the only reason why I use MB is because it’s really easy to get verified (PP didn’t like me I guess). But I had a customer who couldn’t send me any money from the US to EU :S

3904 posts After Effects Templates
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
miseld says

Thanks for info

182 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
onedesign says

Yes you right! but my only way to send money to Morocco is Moneybookers :( PayPal not working.

413 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
altinkum says

never used it so just stick with paypal

50 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars