i think its a great new feature :)

388 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in Poland
+3 more
DamianN says

Would be nice if you gave us the option to hide these badges that we – don’t want / don’t need / don’t like to show :)

BTW , I prefer the old view :)

6029 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I totally see your point VF and agree, but to be fair, the dev team are working their way through a lot of older tickets/requests in our internal system, blasting through a bunch so that they can get to the cooler stuff and better prioritize what remains. You see that “Has Been a Member” badge I have? I only keep sticking around here because I’m so confident that one day I will wake up and we will give you guys everything you need. I’m sincerely looking forward to that day because I believe it will happen. In the meantime, many of us at Envato who interact with you guys on a day to day basis will keep representing your needs as best and as frequently as we can. Don’t be afraid to voice your constructive concerns, ideas or suggestions, the Envato Elves are always listening I can assure you. :)

Thanks for the kind words; we all heard the same from different staffs / different ways with real respect. You guys should consider that nothing is fixed in a reasonable time frame here (User ‘A’ faces problem, suggests something and User ‘B’ will see it live after few years. User ‘A’ no longer will be a member here). Licensing is legal thing so ok, take a decade of time to come-up with solutions. Ratings may be a bizarre thing, so we all leave it. But it is little too much to postpone the front – end / interface related changes / solutions.

As I am an author I am sitting here and spending time on suggestions and critics with the belief not everyone can spend their time on these things; I can’t do it continuously. For buyers, it will be just a few minutes of effort to switch between different vendors (Envato or X or Y) to buy, instead of making requests or suggestions.

I don’t know exactly why I spend time on these things but think probably it is illogical make tens of 1000s of users to struggle continuously while these things can be addressed with 20-30 hours of effort from right staff on right time.

3750 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

I only keep sticking around here because I’m so confident that one day I will wake up and we will give you guys everything you need. I’m sincerely looking forward to that day because I believe it will happen.

It will be impossible to give all of us, all that we need.
But sometimes would be nice to see some advances over what we have been claiming repeatly on forum. The point is that many of us are tired about the feeling of “not being heard”. Obviously the suggestions are always something that will make our daily work here better, but at the end all of them are just ideas to make this a better marketplace, at least from our author’s point of view.

Example: while i’ve been able to magically reorder my badges today, i’ve encounter the nth problem with illegal urls on file comments. And i can’t remember anyone asking for badges re-ordering feature (which is nice, though).

Hope this doesn’t sound rude. It’s not. Really. Maybe just a bit sad :(

3726 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

We don’t need no stinking badges!

We don’t need no
thought control!

333 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
vtimbuc says

Testing..

5633 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Example: while i’ve been able to magically reorder my badges today, i’ve encounter the nth problem with illegal urls on file comments. And i can’t remember anyone asking for badges re-ordering feature (which is nice, though).

If it helps, I’ve been fighting hard for URL improvements on item comments this month. It’s going to be in all my reports :)

3750 posts
  • Located in Spain
+9 more
pezflash says

^ Sounds nice! Fight hard! :)

2645 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+19 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Well, this is a good time to check what I’ve actually accumulated in terms of badges over the time :D Sweet stuff with the reordering. Indeed a clean “hide” of unwanted ones would’ve been just as sweet, but hey! this will totally do :D

I’ve left only the ones I’m truly sort of proud of on there :P

L.E: Travis… be a man, gimme one more badge wtf, you got 6 more, I’ve only got 5 :(

:D:D

by
by
by
by
by
by