661 posts Allegro120 Composer
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
Allegro120 says

I’ll tell you what I just happened.

Someone bought me a few minutes ago the track “Dramatic”. Until now had a rating of 5 stars out of 5 votes cast. Automatically the buyer voted 1 star. It was purchased and voted.

Is this logical? Why do you spend your money on something you do not like? I think it’s been a vote and a purchase with bad intentions.

The same thing has happened with other tracks that were protruding. When best marching and best rating … crash! 1 star.

This is outrageous and also shows that the rating system is a tool to devalue to a track or an AudioJungle author.

When is going to change the rating system?

In order to classify an opinion should be given in writing.

Please, I hope you give me your opinion on this.

1387 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
LumenMedia says

Same here :( It happen sometimes.

45 posts
    Had an item featured on Envato Market Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has referred 1+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
L-RayMusic says

Stupid thing to do..music is important, not ratings!

335 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
tiam says

Wow, that really sucks :( Never happened to me but it sure sound like someone with bad intentions. Should look over the rating calculations a bit

224 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BlueLionMusic says

Damn, I feel your pain.

The first time someone rated my track, it was rated 1 star which is ridiculous considering the person liked the track enough to buy it. I think there must be some kind of bug when u slip with your mouse off screen and click after you hovered over the rating it automatically sets the rating to one star or something similar. I don’t think there’s bad intentions from the buyer involved though, just an easy to misclick rating system is what I imagine. I’ve not been a fan of it (rating AJ tracks) tbh.

191 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Korea, Republic of
Joonique says

Damn, I feel your pain. The first time someone rated my track, it was rated 1 star which is ridiculous considering the person liked the track enough to buy it. I think there must be some kind of bug when u slip with your mouse off screen and click after you hovered over the rating it automatically sets the rating to one star or something similar. I don’t think there’s bad intentions from the buyer involved though, just an easy to misclick rating system is what I imagine. I’ve not been a fan of it (rating AJ tracks) tbh.

Possible. and I don’t think any authors here who try damn hard to make a single sale would just spend money to rate something with 1 star. If you have all 5 stars then one 1 star is not enough to make the overall rating go down drastically(like under 3 stars). So maybe it’s like Gunpowderbob says, buyers purchase an item, wants to rate 5 stars but his mouse ‘slips away’ and presses 1 star.

I just can’t imagine an author to actually spend the same amount of money that he tries so hard to get, only to rate 1 star.

806 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Take a look at the currently best selling file – same story. These are the rating trolls that hide behind their anonymity. If the user names of those who rated were listed, people would think twice before rating less than 4 stars. Anyway, Envato knows who that person was but I doubt they will reveal him to us.

124 posts
    Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
maxvic says

sorry to hear this Allegro, this frustrating 1 star ratings happened to me twice.. and yes i agree that something must be changed in Audiojungle rating system. buyer KNOW what he is buying before he push buy button.. Simple “like” button will work perfect, as someone mentioned before..

657 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

People should be required to provide a written explanation or a review before rating anything less than 4 stars.

608 posts
    Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
ilovemedia-es says

Certainly no sense. I guess it’s very unlikely, but I have a doubt whether a rating of 5 stars is defined as higher than 1 star in every country, or if there may be some places where they believe that 1 star is better than 5.

by
by
by
by
by
by