• Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

@ShermanJackson, I think you sold me dude!

@RelStudios, yah man you’re right, I saw Nepal reviewed on the film A Map For Saturday and it looked amazing!

@Smudgethis, thanks for the tips dude and I’ll have to have a watch through those videos!

What’s this transformer you’re talking about? I’ll be taking a MacbookPro Retina which has a relatively small/light power supply – won’t I just need a convertor to stick on the end of the plug?

@Rickyloca, I see no problems with the Khao San rd then! :P and yah, I’ve had a few warnings about the cabs and their meters >.< Thanks for that! Let me get settled then yeah, we’ll sort that coffee! :D

@Graphic-Dev, yeah i hear Chiang Mai is an awesome place to go, especially as someone who works online as it’s become a hub for international internet-entrepreneur-nomad sorta people. I plan to work regularly, at least a couple hours per day, check email, support tickets etc

@Kailoon, will do for sure! :D

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
rafaelrasalan says

From all the southeast asian countries on your list, i’m kinda surprised why the Philippines is not on your list :D Enjoy your trip! :)

29 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
spinfx says

From all the southeast asian countries on your list, i’m kinda surprised why the Philippines is not on your list :D Enjoy your trip! :)

Yeah. You should visit Philippines. I would not recommend Manila though. Try Palawan and Boracay. BTW, im here at Singapore. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Cheers, SPINFX

97 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
plaxtico says

Hello from Mexico!, what a nice trip you have planned (unplanned)!

a tip a travel agent gave me once: bring with you some local currency (GBP). That might be a good conversation starter, or even as a token for someone you meet along the way..

and, though I haven’t travel much, you’re right, none of the places I visited were as expensive as GB (London)

Enjoy your trip!

252 posts
  • Sweden
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
graphic_dev says

If you’re planning on staying in Chiang Mai for a while, you might wanna buy a 3G package so you can use Internet anywhere. The connection is fine and you don’t have to buy WiFi access at starbucks all the time…

http://www.ais.co.th/mobileinternet/en/ais-netsim/aisnetsim-package/
395 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+1 more
smudgethis says

@Smudgethis, thanks for the tips dude and I’ll have to have a watch through those videos!

What’s this transformer you’re talking about? I’ll be taking a MacbookPro Retina which has a relatively small/light power supply – won’t I just need a convertor to stick on the end of the plug?

I’m referring to the white square block between the plug and the power connector. On a mac it ain’t too bad but with an ipad you just need a usb cable and most good international plug adaptors (of which you will need one anyway) will have a usb port built in.

It might not sound too important now but when your trecking around with your backpack looking for a hostel in 40 degree heat every kilo counts.

J

218 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Peru
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
stockindesign says

You can visit Peru!!!

412 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
mitdralla says
3699 posts Community Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

@rafaelrasalan & @Spinfx, ah yes I would love to visit the Phillipines, my friend isacfabian lives there too! @Spinfx I would love to meet up in Singapore, I will post my plans on the forum as I visit each country :)

@plaxtico, You got it! I think the ‘unplanned’ nature of our trip is the best bit! And yes, I agree about expense. Although I am quite far outside London (Manchester area), I just nipped to the shop: Cheese + crackers (well, crispbread) + cherries + blueberries + grapes + 2 bottles beer (good quality ale) = £32. I hope the rest of the world is not this ridiculously expensive.

@graphic_dev, you got it bro, one of the first things I have planned for when i get there is to buy a Thai sim + data package as email is a killer thing for me. Thanks for the link! Great to see cheap data prices!

@Smudgethis, thanks for the adice man! Got me worried for a minute thinking I needed another plug or something! haha I recently upgraded to the Retina, one of the specific reasons being that it is a lot thinner and so lighter to carry around. Great to hear from experience though! :D

Stockindesign, yah would love to meet for a beer Eric!

@mitdralla I would love to visit them all! haha :D

by
by
by
by
by
by