335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Tamixes says

Hi there

I recently bought a new monitor (Samsung SyncMaster BX2331 ).

I was under the impression that an LED is better than a LCD monitor, but I seem to be developing eyestrain. The monitor only comes with a Windows driver, not a Mac one, so I’m not sure what else I can do to avoid eyestrain, any tips or hints are much appreciated.

I haven’t plugged in the HDR cable as I need to get an adapter to be able to plug it into my Mac, not sure if this will solve my issue.

I’ve been using a computer for, um, ages (17years+) and this is the first time that I’ve developed eyestrain, so cast your pearls of wisdom this way.

2117 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

It could be that the monitor is too bright for you just now.

Maybe you are used to viewing in a darkened room? Try changing the lighting around you so your eyes aren’t working so hard to focus.

More light in the room will help for that.

335 posts
+4 more
Tamixes says

Thanks, I’m trying out some different lighting solutions (energy saving downlights vs halogen downlights, and a daylight globe in my desklamp), but I’ll also try bring the brightness down on my monitor

335 posts
+4 more
Tamixes says

Thanks again – I think I got it sorted, seems like dipping the monitor brightness by 10% did the trick. For the first time in days I don’t have eyestrain.

I was changing the ambient light as the lighting was fine with my previous monitor – but in retrospect my previous monitor was a bit on the dark side.

by
by
by
by
by
by