• Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says

I agree to use different fonts, but Ivor You shouldn’t post links for free resources as fonts are also part of Graphicriver marketplace.

If I post here some links for free flyers it will be deleted in 1 minute :P

Just my 2c

35 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
simon-cpx says

One of the problems I have with many free fonts is that often only one weight is free. And in most cases it is pretty useful to have at least two or three weights.

This is true, and also one of my main problems, when searching for fonts. Most only have one free weight. This might do for headlines, but for paragraph texts, you need at least two – a regular and a bold. And this disqualifies a lot of fonts.

Also many free fonts are not worked through well enough. Often a few characters stick out as being a little rushed.

I do think there is a reason why some fonts cost a lot of money. Just like in photography there is a lot of great free stuff out there, but there’s also a reason why some photographers are being paid top dollar … Not everything can be free, and not everything free will always be as good… or in the case of fonts: as complete and as versatile. Many free fonts are great for a one off headline, not as workhorse typefaces.

I really agree on this. Many free fonts are great for a one off headline on a flyer – but not as a workhorse typeface.

But I really love it, when new free fonts that really stand out quality wise emerge. Like Bariol. Just cheked your portfolio, and noticed that you too have found this. A really nice, modern font – great for a lot of usages.

844 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
chrisatlemon says

But I really love it, when new free fonts that really stand out quality wise emerge. Like Bariol. Just cheked your portfolio, and noticed that you too have found this. A really nice, modern font – great for a lot of usages.

Yes, Bariol is bliss! :) I actually hestitated a little there, too, because only the regular is free for a tweet, so it requires an little procativity. The rest is very inexpensive (ridiculous for what it is), but it does cost “some” money, even if you onlyu give $3.

Not sure if it costs me sales, probably does … but I just had to do something with this font :)

Cheers

Chris

1255 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
harmonikas996 says

Hey guys, Be more creative, I know you like these fonts but there are at least 200.000+ typefaces out there. Just a little piece of advice. ;)

+1

Great advice! :) Every second flyer have same or similar font. That’s not good for sale and for trend!

35 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
simon-cpx says

Yes, Bariol is bliss! :) I actually hestitated a little there, too, because only the regular is free for a tweet, so it requires an little procativity. The rest is very inexpensive (ridiculous for what it is), but it does cost “some” money, even if you onlyu give $3.

Good to know, that they have changed the price. When I found it, you were able to download all weights for free. But even at the current cost, it’s fantastic value for the price, and I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Haven’t used it for any GR items yet though, and not sure I will, since it’s no longer free. But I’ll definitely use it for other things. But for GR, I have a gut feeling, that it’s best for sales to stick with free fonts.

310 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
2AA says

Hey guys, Be more creative, I know you like these fonts but there are at least 200.000+ typefaces out there. Just a little piece of advice. ;)

great thread

64 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Black3ye says

I never used that 2 fonts before, but after I read this I decided to give it a try on my next item :D

by
by
by
by
by
by