• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I’ve been thinking about rebranding my (visual) identity on the marketplaces for quite some time, and now I finally found some time to work on it. I have a new logo, profile page banner, avatar, etc, in progress (not yet implemented), but the more I think about it, the more “afraid” I am. It will be a sudden move and I don’t know if it’s gonna affect sales if buyers don’t recognize me anymore… It might not be so important for other marketplaces, but on AudioJungle every file is presented (at least until recently) only by author’s avatar. And my new avatar is going to be drastically different from the current one. What do you think, should I change it slowly, in steps, in a process which should last a few weeks/months? Or should I just do it at once and hope for the best? :)

I’ve seen quite a few authors making a rebranding over the years I’ve spend here and I think it’d be interesting to hear their/your input on this. I am sure this will be an interesting topic for many authors, not just myself.

436 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Sleightofhand says

Hello,

I am in the process of doing this too. I am just going to change completely once I am happy with my new logos etc. Take the plunge…

I would like to think that if your portfolio is good enough your work will sell regardless of your avatar. However…

I notice you have social profiles set up. Why not communicate to your followers and friends? Hopefully your regular buyers watch your social updates already?

Sleight

2013 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I am in the process of doing this too. I am just going to change completely once I am happy with my new logos etc. Take the plunge… I would like to think that if your portfolio is good enough your work will sell regardless of your avatar. However…
Thanks for your input. Yeah, that’s what I’ll probably do, as well. I hope that’s true :D But I will find out eventually, I guess :)

I notice you have social profiles set up. Why not communicate to your followers and friends? Hopefully your regular buyers watch your social updates already?
Although this is the most natural thing to do, I actually never thought of it :bashful: Thanks for the reminder ;)
783 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Flinzar says

I just changed mine.

1242 posts
  • Colombia
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+3 more
CarlosViloria says

I changed my avatar just twice since I’m in the market, the last time was yesterday

1394 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Stylius says

I’m have been thinking about changing my username for a while now. :) I will do it, and I encourage you to do it too. People will start recognizing you again, don’t worry, just don’t change it too often.

2013 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I’m have been thinking about changing my username for a while now. :) I will do it, and I encourage you to do it too. People will start recognizing you again, don’t worry, just don’t change it too often.

I thought it’s only possible to change your username once. ???

213 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
themelux says

I say go for it, if the rebrand is going to be better looking it should actually increase your sales rather than decrease them. I wouldn’t do it gradual as that always turns out a mess in the middle. I would do a complete rebrand, and that could actually gain even more attention as people will want to look at your new avatar and profile banner! Best of luck to you! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by