123 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
just-in-case says

Congrats! Get ya head up, great tracks! :)

1560 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Enjoyed the article Sam, “Living the Dream” is a sweet track, you’re off to a great start man. Best of luck!

Thanks mate, I really tried to give that one a current indie/commercial/advert sound to attract buyers but it doesn’t seem to have worked yet, so I’ll take that luck! Cheers :)

1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and taking the time to comment on this thread, I appreciate all your words :)

2014 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

btw: Concerning marketing, it’s interesting, but i could not even say it’s a big difference to beeing featured or not i think. I can’t say that i had the feeling that my sales went up really while i a file of mine was featured, or down as it wasn’t on the front page anymore. So don’t pay too much attention to these things. So I can encourage all those who are not featured or interviewed: It seems to be more like that: Good* music sells, bad music doesn’t. So let’s give our best!
*Good = commercial???:S!
If that is true, i got some good and some bad music in my portfolio :)
But: It feels great to be featured or interviewed of course!!!!

1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

btw: Concerning marketing, it’s interesting, but i could not even say it’s a big difference to beeing featured or not i think. I can’t say that i had the feeling that my sales went up really while i a file of mine was featured, or down as it wasn’t on the front page anymore. So don’t pay too much attention to these things. So I can encourage all those who are not featured or interviewed: It seems to be more like that: Good* music sells, bad music doesn’t. So let’s give our best!
*Good = commercial???:S!
If that is true, i got some good and some bad music in my portfolio :)
But: It feels great to be featured or interviewed of course!!!!

Well that’s good to hear, or not so good I’m not sure ha ;) I would hope a feature would increase sales because of the exposure, hmm.

By commercial I don’t necessarily mean good (although I try to make all my music good obviously) I mean it was created very carefully to capture the current sound of lots of commercial music (music made to sell rather than being really creative, what’s popular at the moment I guess) to attract more customers but with my own twist of course. Sorry, my explanation probably doesn’t make a lot of sense, I know what I mean ;)

2014 posts
+8 more

Well that’s good to hear, or not so good I’m not sure ha ;) I would hope a feature would increase sales because of the exposure, hmm. By commercial I don’t necessarily mean good (although I try to make all my music good obviously) I mean it was created very carefully to capture the current sound of lots of commercial music (music made to sell rather than being really creative, what’s popular at the moment I guess) to attract more customers but with my own twist of course. Sorry, my explanation probably doesn’t make a lot of sense, I know what I mean ;)

Sure Sam, you, no I know what you mean :)
I think that’s the chance: It’s great if everyone doesn’t make EXACTLY what sold good before, but much more something that is coloured be each author’s own style! Some will like it, others not. But only like this we have the wide variety of styles on AJ! And who knows, sometimes one of us will set a new “standard” of what people like!!
I think what you describe is a good way to go, i do it like that too (but sometimes i don’t know what i mean) :D

20 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
MattBearman says

Hey SoundFix, how do you find the KRK Rokit monitors? I’m thinking of getting a pair of Rokit 6’s to replace my piddly little M-Audio 3” Monitors.

1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

Hey SoundFix, how do you find the KRK Rokit monitors? I’m thinking of getting a pair of Rokit 6’s to replace my piddly little M-Audio 3” Monitors.

Yes I like them a lot, but I don’t have much to compare them to to be honest as my university also uses all KRK near-field monitors. I have the 5inch so I think the 6 inch will extend slightly lower in terms of bass frequencies. Rokit 5’s go down to about 50hz. Also, they have awesome reviews everywhere. I’d say they would be a good step up from your 3inch monitors for a great price :)

2014 posts
+8 more

Hey guys

I don’t own the Rokit andf i would not want it, because i have a nice pair of Quested (but the cost 6x more…). But: I never heard better nearfields for that little money like the KRK RP6 G2!! I sell them often to customers and i really like it too! So i would recommend them too! btw: I use the Rokit Sub 10s together with my Quested Monitors :) and another one in my living room for my surround System :))) a really good subwoofer – again for little money!

515 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
JonBuice says

I’m a little late here, but congrats on the interview! Thats awesome. Talk about getting some good early exposure!

by
by
by
by
by
by