150 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
MaestroRage says

I think it’s a brilliant idea to reward well thought out tutorials. My new favorite spot is audiotuts, I swear by many of the tutorials there and i’ve opened my eyes a lot thanks to it.

However I can’t help but wonder if having the set price at $150 per tutorial robs the place of the basic tutorials people would like to know. I’m not saying STUPIDLY basic like how to put in an audio clip in the mixer, but things like side chaining, basic principles of compression and other such things. If AJ and AudioTuts incorporated a variable reward system like it does for songs here, I think the section would come alive with many more tutorials and increase overall visitor count.

Say $25 per basic tutorial, pertaining to basic functions of DAW ’s - $50 more advanced features of a sequencer - $100 A well written tutorial - $150 very useful tutorial (like what i’m seeing now :D)

True you can get those basic tutorials anywhere, and arguably Envato must decide if investing in these basic tutorials will pay off for them, but my personal opinion is they would.

172 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+4 more
joelfalconer says

Hi MaestroRage, thanks for your thoughts! At the moment we’re only interested in publishing intermediate-to-advanced tutorials that focus on producing some kind of effect or feel rather than teaching the basics of audio systems.

150 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
MaestroRage says

I figured as such. Thanks for the quick reply Joel!

70 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
tomh says

Just wondering – can you get $150 for a web roundup too, or are these just written by the AT team?

172 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+4 more
joelfalconer says

Tom: We have dedicated staff for those.

by
by
by
by