ZdenekHoub, cool stuff. The game looks great btw. Very “silent hill”esque

165 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
BeyondTheVeil says

day job is fulltime composer, so when i do get some sparetime, it means i can focus and come up with some AJ cues.I dont always get the time i crave to create them. Most of my work is published and aired, so right now im working on more tv shows and getting more placements to build the IMDB listings and come end of this month, i have a really cool show to score.pretty excited about that right now So the 9-5 job is pretty much music from dawn till dusk.

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

I make institutional videos for a living and I am a freelance camera op for sports productions on the side.
I wish I was 100% on my own, but freelance opportunities are sparse in the area where I live.

The_Auditory_Group
The_Auditory_Group Recent Posts Threads Started
32 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
The_Auditory_Group says

Haha talk about moving up in the job world! In house composer is kinda my dream job, i’m jealous. Until then it’s post keeping my fingers crossed with AJ. What’s being an in-house composer like?

Its interesting.

Very demanding, occasionally you are there 9-5 twiddling your thumbs. I work on the advertising side of things so I get to try a lot of different stuff. I’m not sure I can recommend the gig to be perfectly honest. I suppose I would for someone who was pretty green and wanted to pay his/her dues in a hurry. A few positive things that come of working in house as an ad music guy are that you get very used to rejection, so much so that most of the time it means very little to you. You get very fast and efficient and you build your demo reel.

Cant beat the experience you’ll earn. But IMHO its best to do it for a few years and take what you’ve gained from the experience to find something better. Im still enjoying it right now, but I think my ultimate goal would be to have enough clout to earn the same or similar living freelance. Or work in house somewhere doing long format instead of ads for a change of pace. I do enjoy ad work though, definitely keeps me very busy.

Good luck man!

by
by
by
by
by
by