• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
JonBuice says

What do you do for a day job when you’re not writing for audiojungle?

I myself work at as an engineer/sound designer at a post house in Arlington, VA

thesensercomplex
thesensercomplex Recent Posts Threads Started
486 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
thesensercomplex says

I own a mobile espresso/smoothie catering bar out of a retrofitted RV. I also play in a country pop band and we tour on weekends. BTW , I used to live in Vienna, VA. Worked in DC for 17 years at a design firm. Cheers!

http://joeonthego.biz/HOME.html
http://www.therankintwins.com
139 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
SERFmusic says

What’s up Jon? I freelance and produce music projects for people which includes orchestration, mixing, and optional mastering if they choose. I’m working on my first “major” project (major for me) which is ten song R&B/Pop album for a local female singer.

I also am a server for a Restaurant here in town to compensate to make ends meet. The goal is to one day be totally independent of course :)

920 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
jhunger says

Software engineer, normally working with .NET and SQL Server. It’s a pretty good gig, so I can’t complain. Can’t help but think that if I was able to take those 40-50 hours and put them toward music composition I might be able to make it work, though.

But then again, sometimes having the day job keeps me motivated to play music in what time I can manage. If I was doing music for a living I fear I might end up not liking it anymore. It’s one thing to post stock compositions in my spare time, and I imagine it’s quite another to constantly be trying to fill your queue with freelance work in order to make the mortgage payment.

thesensercomplex
486 posts
  • Exclusive Author
thesensercomplex says

But then again, sometimes having the day job keeps me motivated to play music in what time I can manage. If I was doing music for a living I fear I might end up not liking it anymore. It’s one thing to post stock compositions in my spare time, and I imagine it’s quite another to constantly be trying to fill your queue with freelance work in order to make the mortgage payment.

True enough “jhunger”. Been a big fan of your work since I first joined AJ. Fantastic portfolio you have, sir. Cheers!

928 posts
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
permian says

thesensercomplex, nice management board )

206 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
reubenchng says

I’m a fulltime producer who runs his own small humble studio giving recording services for musicians and bands. I also make music and mix for documentaries. On my free time, I do internet marketing, write blogs and teach music production :)

570 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

I jump between composing for film and ads to freelance web development. At the moment, it’s about 70% in favour of the web development, but I’ve been slowly pushing up the earnings from music so that I can rely on it as my main employment. It’s tough though!

Joel – I agree, it’s a difficult one to know whether having music as the only job in your life would make you resent it. However, I can honestly say that based on the film jobs I’ve been on, despite being incredibly stressful and demanding, I’ve always wanted to commit myself to it fully. Ad work on the other hand, although well-paid, has been a bit soul-destroying (again, just my experience and I’m sure others have had a great time with it).

920 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • United States
jhunger says

True enough “jhunger”. Been a big fan of your work since I first joined AJ. Fantastic portfolio you have, sir. Cheers!

Aw, shucks – thanks for the compliments :) I’ll have you know I was just grooving out to your Country Cruise as I read your post.

Also that’s an awesome coffee truck! You need to drive that thing up to Portland post haste. Don’t know how it is in Austin, but food and beverage carts are held in almost divine esteem here.

thesensercomplex
486 posts
  • Exclusive Author
thesensercomplex says

thesensercomplex, nice management board )

Thank you. Permian!

by
by
by
by
by
by