355 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
JoshuaSprague Envato team says

Hey there! Wanted to take a quick moment to point you all over to a recent article concerning a new KnowledgeBase article to help AudioJungle authors better understand what is and what is not acceptable on AudioJungle when it comes to ‘pastiche’ (imitation) recordings.

Read the Notes post here and the Knowledgebase article here

396 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

Interesting note Thanks, Joshua!

666 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Allegro120 says

Hi all, I read the article and found it very enlightening. I am interested in a long time to do some version of classical music, would be interesting to have a reference list or any of the songs that we cover versions. Maybe someone knows something.

Thank you! :)

3217 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

Hi all, I read the article and found it very enlightening. I am interested in a long time to do some version of classical music, would be interesting to have a reference list or any of the songs that we cover versions. Maybe someone knows something. Thank you! :)

Most classical pieces are worldwide public domain works. You can make remixes or alternate versions of worldwide public domain pieces without worry. The article refers to works which are still protected by copyright. If you have any specific questions regarding this, feel free to email via support. Thanks Allegro :)

1183 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

Here is an accurate list of classical composers (and very prominent songwriters) whose work has recently gone public domain, or the year they will go public domain and thus you would be free to submit them as AJ portfolio pieces, as long as they were your own performance / rendition / arrangement.

http://logosfoundation.org/copyleft/public_domain_composers.html

You can also assume that composers who died before the ones listed are also all public domain works.

Note that in 2047, we’ll be able to have Elvis Presley covers on Audiojungle!!!!

431 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thesecession says

I hope you guys have an entertainment lawyer reviewing each track not just removing things wildly because they apparently sound alike. Theres a lot to consider while claiming a song infringes copyright of another. Then again “fairness” isn’t exactly in your terms of service :P

396 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

Note that in 2047, we’ll be able to have Elvis Presley covers on Audiojungle!!!!

:bigsmile:

666 posts Allegro120 Composer
+5 more
Allegro120 says

Thank you ADG3studios, you have been very kind to answer.:)

Gareth, this list is what I wanted, I hope soon to do some version of these authors.

Now I’m working on a version of Hound Dog and Jailhouse Rock. I hope my daughter up to the AJ in 2047. :):):)

387 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in Poland
+3 more
DamianN says

What about the situation when we don’t know that our melody is similar to song XYZ ? I am not commercial-music-news expert so I may use some parts of well-known songs accidentally…

SimpleProductions
SimpleProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
54 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
SimpleProductions says

I’m a little bit concerned about the “chord progression” clause in these rules. I am assuming it only applies to more complex harmonies that might be intrinsic to a particular song, and not common pop/rock progressions. Or possibly when the work in question has chords that are broken into very specific arpeggios. Otherwise, broadly construed, this rule would eliminate 90% of the material on AJ :)

by
by
by
by
by
by