2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
Rootscience says

I’m new here, I want to know what mp3 sample rate you guys upload for your preview file. I’m going for best quality, but small enough that it will actually work. I’ve been trying to upload my first loop here going on 4 or 5 times now (Is that common here?) but I wonder if it’s because I have my sample rate too high on the preview mp3. Some “genius” forgot to let us know file specs in the uploading instructions..

Also, I don’t know much about flash, is there certain instruments/sounds I should stay away from? (that don’t sound well through flash?)

Anyways guys, i’m a real beginner here, so any help would be much appreciated. ;)

-Josh

ps. Hi

461 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Solidbeats Envato team says

Welcome to FD :)

Go with 16 bit 128kbit 44.100khz. Better quality than that is not needed, beacuse the file size will only get bigger and most PCs still only have 16 bit playback anyways.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
Rootscience says

So it will work at that rate huh? That’s where I started at, but I thought it was too high because of all the errors I got.

Let me pose an additional question for you guys;

How long does it take to get files approved here on average?

thx

461 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Solidbeats Envato team says

All my files are used with those specs, works like a charm :)

as far as The audio approval goes, it depends. Its been slow for a while now due to the holidays and such, but normally it takes 1-7 days for me, and for other it can be longer. Adrien, our new audio approval guy hangs out here on a daily, so it shouldn’t take that long as it did before :)

3218 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

Hi Rootscience, welcome to Flashden :)

Yup Solid’s got it right in terms of uploading sample rates and in terms of approval time.. It’s pretty quick on the approvals side for audio at this point.. Scottwills and I are taking care of the audio queue daily if not every couple of days.

Looking forward to hearing your stuff, and best success to you :D

Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by