461 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Solidbeats Envato team says

Does anybody know any sites similar to flash den, but all about the audio? Would be cool, and perfect for some of my full songs.

I belive FlashDen is perfect for SFX and such, But i’m not sure about full songs though.. I would be more comfortable with selling licences to the songs as it is normally done.

Any sugestions?

Cheers

1529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Good question solid! I’ve never seen one before, though I feel like there must be one. Actually FlashDen was originally going to be a sound site (with a different name of course), but then we though Flash might be a better way to go :-)

461 posts
+8 more

Ohh i did not know that :)

Hey, here’s a crazy idea? How about FlashDen selling licences for full songs aswell? I see a money making thing in it, for all of us since a lot of flash sites usually have full songs playable with that little turn off button at the bottom, right?

245 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+2 more
Jun Envato team says

yeah I’m sure there should be one out there…somewhere :) too bad I’m not a songs/sound guy otherwise I will know a bit on whats out there.

Selling the licences thing is not a bad idea Solid, but I think we will need to have a few more great song writer like you as members before we can start implementing something like that. It can happen tho, we just need to promote FlashDen Audio more! :) Thanks for the suggestion….btw great job on the sounds, they r great quality

461 posts
+8 more

Thank you jun :)

I realize that music is not your top priority, But then again it should not be ignored. The whole licence thing kinda works like renting a movie, you’re alowed to have it for a period of time and then you have to rent it some more if you still want it.. kind of. When it comes to full songs there’s this thing called STIM . i think every country has its own version of STIM but it is international laws, when your audio plays on websites, for a crowd, cafés, Clubs, Radio / internet radio etc.. you will get payed. I have a lot of friends in the music biz and they make tons of cash with this, even if they’re not signed to any label or anything.. and i’m talking big bucks, no 3 credits for sure ;) But i only know how this works in theory though, But as i said before.. there’s a money possibility in it.

Simply said, 3 credits for a full song is kind of OK, Since it’s sort of the same price as a CD single , But 3 credits is way to little if it’s going to be used comercially.

74 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Mucx says

For some very nice royalty free music you cannot beat: http://www.premiumbeat.com

Some very nice tracks of all kinds there.

461 posts
+8 more

browsed it a little.. don’t want to sound greedy or anything, but.. uhm. Paychecks? :D hehe

1529 posts
  • Located in Australia
+10 more
collis Envato team says

That’s a good point about commercial usage for a full song. I’ll raise this point at our next meeting, we’re planning on reviewing pricing on the site very shortly anyway!

46 posts
darktowers says
Jun said…
yeah I’m sure there should be one out there…somewhere :) too bad I’m not a songs/sound guy otherwise I will know a bit on whats out there.

Too bad you’re not a sound guy? All your files on FlashDen are audio files / sound effects! :-)

1529 posts
  • Located in Australia
+10 more
collis Envato team says

haha, thats so true Jun! :D

by
by
by
by