911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

\\Do you have a question you’d like answered by the Community Podcast Team? We’d love to answer your question on the Podcast and if one of us doesn’t know the answer, we’ll find someone who does! Post your question in this thread. We’ll be updating this thread so you know which episode your question will be on! We look forward to seeing what questions you have. :)

3053 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

If it hasn’t been answered elsewhere, I would love to know some rough hosting stats for each marketplace.

eg: How many files are hosted for each marketplace? Size of files? Which hosting providers (eg: s3) are used? How much bandwidth a month you push out from the marketplace websites or cloud storage? How much a month gets added to s3?

Just some stats to make us geeks go wow! :)

And for the dev’s if they feel like getting their podcast on

- what are the biggest areas on the site that are cached, how are these cached, and how much bandwidth / processing power does it save caching said areas?
- what type of gear does the marketplace run on
- what is the size of the codebase that runs the marketplace GROUP BY programming language type.

397 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Monkify says

Any plans to redesign the marketplaces anytime soon? I’d love to hear some info about this. Some better user-friendliness for customers to increase conversions would be nice.

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
+6 more
Carmen says

If it hasn’t been answered elsewhere, I would love to know some rough hosting stats for each marketplace.

eg: How many files are hosted for each marketplace? Size of files? Which hosting providers (eg: s3) are used? How much bandwidth a month you push out from the marketplace websites or cloud storage? How much a month get’s added to s3?

Just some stats to make us geeks go wow! :)

And for the dev’s if they feel like getting their podcast on

- what are the biggest areas on the site that are cached, how are these cached, and how much bandwidth / processing power does it save caching said areas?
- what type of gear does the marketplace run on
- what is the size of the codebase that runs the marketplace GROUP BY programming language type.

Great questions, John has been popping in to give us monthly Dev Team updates and I’ll ask him these questions next Podcast.

1313 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
canimalition says

1. How many visitors in each month? I bet you more than 50k, :D

2. If someone is one of Envato Staff, they work at home or all of you work at the same office in Australia?

Answer please :)

149 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
IulianN says
||+520792|canimalition said-|| 1. How many visitors in each month? I bet you more than 50k, :D

Lol, +50k / month?
Maybe 300k-600k visits / daily, only for ThemeForest.
Take a look at alexa rank, the global rank for TF is 250 :)

4277 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Well, I have a question that I believe many of us have considered.

Will the podcasts ever include authors talking in them? Maybe a 5 minute session with an author / podcast, via Skype?

2137 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
urbazon says

Question: any big plans for (near or distant) future? Like, new marketplace(s), new features on marketplace sites, contests/competitions, or like Monkify asked, any new design tweaks any soon?

1410 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

How do Envato offices look like? I’ve seen some pictures of how they were organizing them, but I couldn’t find any picture of the actual offices. :) It’d be cool to see a 30 sec. video going through the office.

36 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
SpletNet says

I’d love to know how a typical day of a reviewer here looks like. How many items do they review in a day and how many cups of coffee gets them through it… :) Do they sometimes after work make a mistake and soft-reject a home video of uncle’s birthday party because he didn’t include signed model release forms? :p

by
by
by
by
by
by