315 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • United States
timmylogue says

Question… is the “AS3 YouTube API Chromeless Player” meant to play(run) straight for 7-9 hours without crashing?

Is there memory leaks in the YouTube Chromeless Player?

Thanks

4136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

How should we know? it’s not like we are sitting on a regular day base and testing the Chromeless Player for 7-9 straight hours and see if its crashing, you know man… you should try to open the window sometime an pop your head out and look for some hot girls instead trying figure weirdo things :P .

In a more serious matter. I don’t know man :P but in a logic way since there is an event loop open all the time on enter frameEvent and the fact that this crap Chromeless API send tons of request from security issue, ping, tcp/ip probably it’s not that stable platform for so long. If I where you I’ll put an auto refresh every 60 minutes or so ,and also remember flash can store everything in size to your hard drive…. not that good you know

8122 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

that’s quite a long time… I don’t know of many sites which would do that…

I would suggest like Tsafi, code in a refresh of the page or the player every hour or so just to release the memory…

315 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • United States
timmylogue says

How should we know? it’s not like we are sitting on a regular day base and testing the Chromeless Player for 7-9 straight hours and see if its crashing, you know man… you should try to open the window sometime an pop your head out and look for some hot girls instead trying figure weirdo things :P .

Always busting my balls lol. It’s not like I sit down and wait 5-7 hours lol. Trust me I do have a life. I didn’t mean it like that.

I developed a Flash Based Application, and there is YouTube built into the app. YouTube plays all day (7-9 hours roughly) on my users end.

That’s what I meant. I guess I could of been a little more better than explaining it, but I kinda was in a rush to head out. My fault.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
vedtam says

Hi Timmylogue,

I try to do the same you wanted, creating an app that runs over 9 hours streaming some video clips from youtube using the youtube API.

I would like to run this on Android, but in about 2 hours it crashes my browser. I have set to kill the players after they finished playing and set the page to refresh in every 3 minute, but it still crashes from time to time.

How did you solve this?

by
by
by
by
by
by