2177 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Hi guys I have another wiki API realated problem, I want to load some articles in Polish from wikipedia, some of the article names contains special charcters like

? ? ó ? ? ? ? ? 
 etc. When I for example navigate to this URL in the browser
http://pl.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&prop=revisions&titles=D?o?&rvprop=content
it works but when I try to download an XML from this URL in AS3 it doesnt work… the problem is the special characters any idea how to fix that?

P.S I don’t know why but also this form cannot show those chars… :/

755 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Croatia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
djankey says
2177 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Yes I tried this to escape the whole URL or the phrase with the special chars but still nothing :(

2177 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says
Ok I found a solution!
encodeURIComponent(url);
this does the job! Thanks!!
755 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Croatia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
djankey says

Great! :)

556 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeScience says

Ok I found a solution!
encodeURIComponent(url);
this does the job! Thanks!!

Yep, And in Flex its just encodeURI

by
by
by
by
by
by