• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
RecycledRecitals says

Ars Gratia Artis : “Art for art’s sake”

As of now, there is no way to give away content created for Audio Jungle for free. My suggestion: create an Ars Gratia Artis license that allows a compilation of work to be sold and licensed, but is also available for free to the general public for private use. This would essentially allow Audio Jungle to offer the basic services of a Record Label.

TRAX : I think there’s something great about TRAX ; it offers artists a platform to distribute their art for public consumption. However, my problem with TRAX is that it puts up a few extra walls in getting through to the music. iTunes, Amazon etc. are excellent examples of giant digital warehouses that already centralize music shopping traffic… I mean no disrespect, but I doubt Trax comes anywhere close to this kind of Traffic; why? Audio Jungle, as of now, is a place for music buyers and authors.

A person OUTSIDE of the envato community is not going to stumble across TRAX , then someone’s new track, then click to buy…register with Audio Jungle, then pay $2 (Twice competitor’s rates). I would have to imagine most of the purchases come from within the Envato community, when in reality, the reason for making tracks for TRAX is to reach as many listeners as possible.

In my mind, I would much rather see TRAX as a label; why not encourage AJ authors to make compilations? I think every artist here would agree that having a platform to release an album would be encouraging and inspiring… and much more so if we new we could instantly give it away for free (or pay as please for Envato authors and buyers).

I think submissions would need to have some new requirements (open to suggestions):

Minimum of 5-10 Tracks?

Track Titles

Compilation Title

Professional Album Cover Artwork (hey Graphic River…)

Minimum 1-3 Years contributing to AJ?

Compilation Description

So these are just some thoughts; I’d be interested to hear what other people here may think, and open to suggestions.

RecycledRecitals
RecycledRecitals Recent Posts Threads Started
96 posts
  • Exclusive Author
RecycledRecitals says

I think additional traffic driven to Audio Jungle and Envato marketplaces for releases would be really valuable as well.

1456 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Norway
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mihai_Sorohan says

Interesting idea. Why do you think giving away for free is impossible? This is right only if you are an exclusive author, but who isn’t exclusive can put their music for free if they want.

RecycledRecitals
RecycledRecitals Recent Posts Threads Started
96 posts
  • Exclusive Author
RecycledRecitals says

Thank you Mihai for responding. And thank you for pointing that out; you are free to give away content you create for the marketplace if you are not an exclusive author. One of the reasons why AJ is better than other stock sites, however, is the community. It’s a place for artists to grow together; learn from one another, and most importantly gain experience they couldn’t gain elsewhere. I think exclusive authorship is very valuable to young artists who need this platform; it allows them to create, learn and profit; I don’t see why it would be a bad thing to allow exclusive authors to release work for free. If AJ supported a platform for this, it would drive attention and additional music buyers to the site; people who otherwise would have no reason to come to AJ. I just think AJ’s a really great outlet, and think it could benefit from opening its doors a bit wider to the public.

1456 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Norway
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mihai_Sorohan says

Well, to understand, an exclusive author would sell exclusive tracks through AJ and those specific files couldn’t be found anywhere else.
That doesn’t mean that the exclusive author can not make other files that he offers for free on other websites. Also, as a non exclusive author, you have the right to whatever you want with your files.
Also, Envato offers a monthly free file on all market places, including AJ, so, there are quite enough ways to offer your files for free as “art for the sake of art” or advertising.

by
by
by
by
by
by