429 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
thesecession says

I know I’ve officially heard that we are allowed to sell our music on itunes under personal listening licenses only if it isn’t already uploaded under TRAX . I was curious if anyone knows if that also applies for Bandcamp? Would love to hear something official on this to clear up any misconceptions.

471 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Sweden
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Synchrotron says

Why wouldn’t you? If the song isn’t on Audiojungle they wont have any say in where you sell your music. Or are you talking about selling a song that you are currently selling as royalty free on the market place and now also want to sell on Bandcamp?

If that is allowed to sell your royalty free music sold on the market place on regular mp3 shops, once again, why wouldn’t you? Bandcamp is an mp3 store, like any other. Even if their concept allows personalized stores and what not.

717 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

You can sell and item on iTunes and Trax and Bancamp etc if it’s sold here non-exclusively. Even for TRAX , if you are an exclusive author, it has to stay only here.

If you’re exclusive, you cannot sell a RF track on iTunes, etc either.

471 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
Synchrotron says

Just to clarify, if you’re exclusive to Audiojungle the music uploaded here can’t be sold else where. If non-exclusive, then I’d say, go ahead.

471 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
Synchrotron says

Tim beat me to it.

429 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
thesecession says

Actually I found a post by Scott that states the contrary. This is why I am a bit confused and waiting till I hear something 100% official and up to date.

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/tough-q-can-i-sell-my-own-song-on-itunes-while-its-here-on-sale/15952?page=1#145684

scottwills SAYS Josh, great points, I tend to agree with your main argument. I double-checked with the legal department just to be sure, and I can inform you that, if you are already an exclusive AudioJungle author, you can also sell your AudioJungle items on iTunes or anywhere else that allows your audio to be sold/purchased for listening / entertainment purposes only (i.e. as long as it’s NOT sold anywhere else for stock / project purposes). The reason being, AudioJungle and the exclusive agreement pertains entirely to stock audio for projects, whereas iTunes is solely concerned with entertainment / listening purposes only. So just to clarify any confusion with this conversation and question, both exclusive and non-exclusive AudioJungle authors can sell songs in their AJ portfolios on iTunes if they wish to. POSTED 2 YEARS AGO REPLY WITH QUOTE | REPORT | PERMALINK

471 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
Synchrotron says

Interesting. Great if that’s the case.

1420 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Norway
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mihai_Sorohan says

The original question was about TRAX , which is the Envato’s marketplace for entertainment/ personal listening, not for royalty free files to use in projects.
The quote is from an really old discussion, before TRAX was launched.

717 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

Yeah – I am positive as well. Do you know how many of my songs would be on iTunes right now if this rule was not the case :)

Then everyone on YouTube could stop messaging me to take my music off AJ lol.

I wish I was completely wrong and I find out that I can. It would be a dream come true!

101 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
JCKerosene says

Could be great news and makes alot of sense. Exclusive for RF, I can see why for obvious reasons AJ doesn’t want the music on a competitors site. But itunes and such are different animals. So apples and oranges and like you said itunes is for listening, personal enjoyment, ie not sold for commercial licensing. I guess the confusion could be how would you then know if someone went to itunes, bought your track for .99 cents, then decided to use it in a commercial project. If you were selling on AJ as well…it would be tough to prove? Not sure how this works.

J

by
by
by
by
by
by