• Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
mothinkers says

Hi everyone!
I’ve got disappointed by the last review of my item. The fact is that my item has been rejected because it falls under the category of “what we dont need” right now! This is my thead in the item discussion forum The fact is that i don’t consider very fair taking away opportunity to new authors like me.. Shouldn’t envato close any specific category if no new files are allowed?

If you want to submit any more files that falls into this category they not only have to be up to our standards, but really outperform any existing ones.
but why (me new authors) i have to outperform everyone else? Does this means that i’ve got to be better than everyone else to have my niche here on the marketplace now?

Have you guys sperimented something similar? What’s your opinion?

I really apologize with the stuff if i’m not following the forum rules by posting here, please remove this thread if like so!

64 posts
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
rerror says

Which type of content you uploaded last time…???

236 posts
  • Exclusive Author
mothinkers says

I’m not quite sure if i can post it here but you can find the link in my previus thread here

116 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
UniikMedia says

The idea about uploading content in the “files we don’t need” categories is that there are already a lot of similar uploads and the marketplace is oversaturated, so the only way they’ll accept new uploads in that category is if you “outperform” the current offering on the marketplace.

It has nothing to do with how new you are… Tim or SoundRoll or any other author can get rejected for the same reason.

64 posts
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
rerror says

I’m not quite sure if i can post it here but you can find the link in my previus thread here

I just seen your ITEM, and i am familiar UniikMedia…

You have to developed that have something new….

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
sunu says

yes, you need to “outperform” other items from “files we donĀ“t need”.

but your mistake is the same as mine, i thought “outperform” means better/ higher quality. That is not the case – “worst” quality is needed, that means “outperform”.

go on the first site of graphicriver homepage/ home and you see the newest “items” which “outperform” – like easter eggs – made in one minute, which nobody, never buys. that is what is needed.

take only the last 100 items, which are reviewed and think about yourself, which schoolnotes you would give them? 1-6? more then 50% of them are 4-6 – otherwise you need glasses… :-)

236 posts
  • Exclusive Author
mothinkers says

The idea about uploading content in the “files we don’t need” categories is that there are already a lot of similar uploads and the marketplace is oversaturated, so the only way they’ll accept new uploads in that category is if you “outperform” the current offering on the marketplace. It has nothing to do with how new you are… Tim or SoundRoll or any other author can get rejected for the same reason.

I kind agree with you.. I know that some category are oversaturated but should’t be better to remove items from that capegory that have record 0 or very few sales in years? That item has got its opportunity..
Also maybe my item would have been approved, let’s say for example 6 month ago. So why not now? I know that it’s not the best one of it’s category but there’s no quality issue and a lot of the item that oversaturate that category are now old, a little obsolite

DsignProductions
DsignProductions Recent Posts
Threads Started
406 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Belgium
DsignProductions says

I understand your point but it’s wrong.
The reviewer is right.
Why would you even make an extruded logo template?
It is already done years ago.
Be creative. It’s time to evolve!

1939 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+1 more
matsteiner says
Hey Stro88
I think they really have too many extruded logo’s.
I was involved in such a rejection too. I made a custom audio logo for such a very nice “glassy extruded logo”, but to this guy the same happened – rejected… :(

So I have a orphan audio track on AJ now…:
http://audiojungle.net/item/glassy-digital-logo/3730974?sso

If someone would like to use this in his project: You are very welcome, I would even adapt it to your nneeds!! (but please don’t make a extruded text logo :P )

As you see, that seems to be the way it works, no matter how great it looks (btw. yours is VERY nice too, I think….)
169 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iluzie says

It has nothing to do with how new you are… Tim or SoundRoll or any other author can get rejected for the same reason.

I agree with UniikMedia.

@ Stro88 : Previously I did not want to offend you, but we already know this is a classic problem for both new authors and old author. I think you should be able to take it, you should better think how to make the files better. This is serious business, and there is no special treatment for us fellow author.

This is not the end of your journey friend, it’s too early to get disappointed :)

Like DsignProductions says : Be creative. It’s time to evolve!

by
by
by
by
by
by