• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Power Elite Author
+4 more
Parallelus says

So am I the only one who likes iTunes and Quicktime on Windows? That’s stupid, they never gave me a problem on my PC, never slowed me down. I got over 6000 songs on it by the way.
It would seem that way. I don’t like iTunes. As for QuickTime, I like it about as much as I do IE6 .
Yeah but you hate everything Apple does…

That’s simply not true. I don’t hate anything about Apple. I actually admire the company and in many ways try to emulate them. I don’t use a lot of their products because I find them to be restrictive for my personal taste. I like to customize my environment and Apple products are typically focused on simplicity and streamlined solutions for the masses. This results in products like the iPhone which block access to the exact things I would want to do like installing my own custom apps or changing core settings. Typically, power users don’t want an Apple device because they lose control. It’s primarily the main stream that Apple products appeal to because there is no need to have any technical knowledge to use them.

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
purrifur says

Firefox rules! :)

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

So am I the only one who likes iTunes and Quicktime on Windows? That’s stupid, they never gave me a problem on my PC, never slowed me down. I got over 6000 songs on it by the way.

I don’t use Windows much these days, so can’t really comment. But I’d be interested to see what kind of response this would get on the Videohive forum.

PC video professionals rely on Quicktime every day. (not as a browser plug-in, btw).

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Apple products are typically focused on simplicity and streamlined solutions for the masses.

It’s primarily the main stream that Apple products appeal to because there is no need to have any technical knowledge to use them.

That depends what you do with them, but true enough… you don’t need technical knowledge to switch it on (or should that be boot it up?)

In the professional film and video world, there are many, many Mac users who are very specialized and very technically able. It’s just that the technical stuff they do is not at OS level.

Maybe it’s the characterization of Apple users as the technically dim-witted masses that puts people’s backs up.

edit: on-topic… for the amount of effort it probably requires, it would seem to make sense to make web programmer’s lives easier by continuing to produce it for Windows.

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

edit: on-topic… for the amount of effort it probably requires, it would seem to make sense to make web programmer’s lives easier by continuing to produce it for Windows.

If windows version of safari dropped, it will be more beneficial for web developers. Currently it has low user base with some headaches. Since Chrome is based on webkit, that manages to fulfill more than safari on windows.

Responding to below comment: :P
No man, testing on windows safari is few miles different from testing on mac safari!

629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

Apple dropping Windows support is the single most stupid thing they can do? Why? Because it’s a web browser.

At the end of the day, when people don’t test their sites in safari, or not allow users to access the site through safari, Apple can only look at themselves and wonder why. I don’t have a mac therefore I can only test safari (if I wanted to) in Windows.

Surely you want the biggest browser share you can get and therefore restricting based on platform is going backwards and not forwards?

Internet Explorer is the same as I believe you can’t get it natively on a Mac…Whereas Google Chrome has the right idea and is available on many different platforms.

305 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
CRSDesign says

Maybe they just realized that Safari has always been a crappy browser on Windows.
Maybe they’ve just realized that Windows has always been a crappy OS;)
Regardless, IE10 is lightning fast and only Chrome comes anywhere near IE10 speed. So if Microsoft and Google can figure out how to make an awesome browser for Windows, Apple should be able to as well ;)

IE10 that will only run W8. Another gift to the world from Microsoft. Loads of browser versions locked into different operating systems. Why can’t they have one browser across each OS??

Safari sucks on windows too btw!

6769 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

Don’t know how great this apple programers are but just today I run again into a very annoying feature of Quicktime, so I have to tell you how much I hate it.

I open a tutorial ( mov file ) and I need to pause/play while I’m switching between applications and the player. But if I hit play on Quicktime, then I switch to C4D for example to do something, and I need to stop the video for a moment, when I’m back with the mouse on the player window the stop/play button will not work immediately. I need to click once on the button to gain window focus and then click again to press the button to finally stop or play the video.

practically the button will not work when you will press the first time because for some reason you need to activate the window (gain focus) and then you can interact with the controls.

Now this is bad programming, there is no doubt.

how can they be famous for best user interface is a mystery. Quick time would had won my personal “worst video software application” except the first place is reserved for Real media player

by
by
by
by
by
by