206 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
reubenchng says

Hi guys, not sure if you all heard of the apogee duet. Well now they even have the Apogee Duet 2! Well, was just wondering if anyone is using it right now and is there a difference in the sound quality?

Let’s say we compare between the M-Audio Fast Track USB and the Apogee Duet. Is there really a sound difference? How so?

924 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

I’m interested in the answer to this as well, since I’m going to be looking at AD/DA converters this year. My biggest issue in researching this stuff is that when somebody prefers an interface over the other it’s hard to tell whether what they’re hearing is a quality difference in the pres or the converters, or both.

From what I’ve heard, I could predict that the Duet will will against the M-Audio hands down, since the quality of the pres and the converters are unmatched at that price. Keep in mind I have used neither :)

206 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
reubenchng says

Hey Hunger, yeah the difference of sound could be because of the converters. NO doubt about it. But beats me, whatever you mix using the Duet, will sound, well… different with other computer with different soundcards?

by
by
by
by
by
by