KaezerMusik says

well, that’s discouraging…

60 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
TheRedGiant says

I got started with it with a copy of the “Emagic’s Micro Logic Fun” demo that came with a Computer Music magazine issue, ages ago (1998 or something?).

Then I switched to Logic Fun (another “demo” version that allowed 4 audio tracks).

Then Logic 4+ on Windows.

Then Apple came in, bought Emagic, discontinued the Windows releases, so I too switched to MacOS specifically for Logic (originally).

On the plus side, what Apple has done to improve Logic ever since has been great.

If they discontinue it, then… whatever. I’ll keep using my current version 9 until I get sick of it in 2016 or something, and switch to Cubase or ProTools.

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sweden
just-in-case says

If they discontinue it, then… whatever. I’ll keep using my current version 9 until I get sick of it in 2016 or something, and switch to Cubase or ProTools.

Great answer, me too =)

curtisschweitzer
curtisschweitzer Recent Posts Threads Started
68 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
curtisschweitzer says

I use Logic Pro, and I’ve been really happy with it. I was initially trained on MOTU’s Digital Performer, but I’ve had some experience in Cubase and Pro Tools as well. Honestly, I’ve never been happier than with Logic Pro—it seems to fit my workflow and style better than some of the other tools.

Even right out of the box Logic comes with some nice add-ons—their Space Designer reverb, for example, is really very nice, and while the built-in synth presets aren’t my favorite, the actual synth modules like their Sculpture Designer are pretty nice (I’d prefer something like Omnisphere for some of the stuff I do, but I’ve been impressed at how far I can take the “vanilla” synths as well).

About the only complaint I have with Logic is that it can be a bit finnicky with some of the higher-powered VST’s from East West. I’ve noticed that some of the instability problems I had early on with Hollywood Strings couldn’t be replicated on some other DAW’s for the Mac, but they seem to have fixed this in a recent update.

All in all, I really like it, and have been extremely happy with the results I’ve been able to produce.

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
alfaholic says

No one in their right state of mind gives up the crown jewel of music production ;) Have some faith, I can´t imagine that they would sell it.
I am afraid that is likely the case. Look what they did to Final Cut Pro. It was by far the dominant video editing software in the marketplace (Even more so than logic) and they utterly destroyed it – I can’t imagine they won’t do the same thing with logic. They have made it very clear the professional market is not something they are interested in – they are now a consumer/gadget company.

I am new to video editing, but FCP X is so logical to me, and the results I get with it are really great for an amateur. I am learning Premiere Pro CS6, but I think it is still a dinosaur, FCP X is maybe at some beginning now, but it is the way everyone in the future will go.

Logic is good, but it always had that exaggerated low end, something like amateur Dynacord PowerMate mixers. I think Apple is confused now, but Logic is still the only DAW they have, so I do not think they will ruin it. Pro Tools and Reaper are great alternatives…

114 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sweden
blindholm says

I use Logic too, and while it crashes a little too much for my taste, it still is great to work with. I don’t think they will discontinue Logic quite yet… There are quite a few rumors circulating the web that Logic X will be out soon… We’ll see…

http://nachbelichtet.com/2012/09/05/apogee-video-mit-hinweis-auf-apple-logic-x/
39 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
ARKADIMUS says

Old disputes which DAW better :) I have studied this issue and found that the DAW does not affect the quality, but by subtracting the audio in antiphase revealed that Logic almost invisible colors final material. I like Logic! :)

79 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Russian Federation
RFPML says

+1 Me

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
just-in-case says

+1 Me

yaay =)

1545 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

I use and love Logic Pro 9, I used to use Pro Tools and I much prefer Logic for composing with software instruments and sample libs. They better keep making it!

by
by
by
by
by
by