123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sweden
just-in-case says

Hi all, I am just curious about how many of you that uses logic pro?

145 posts For the Love of Music and Sound
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
audiophile-trax says

I use Logic, although I’m starting to think apple may be giving up on it. It’s been 3 1/2 years since Logic 9 came out, in the past they’ve been on a 2 year release schedule.

256 posts God always geometrizes
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
kristijanf says

Me!

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
just-in-case says

I use Logic, although I’m starting to think apple may be giving up on it. It’s been 3 1/2 years since Logic 9 came out, in the past they’ve been on a 2 year release schedule.

No one in their right state of mind gives up the crown jewel of music production ;) Have some faith, I can´t imagine that they would sell it.

145 posts For the Love of Music and Sound
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
audiophile-trax says

No one in their right state of mind gives up the crown jewel of music production ;) Have some faith, I can´t imagine that they would sell it.

I hope they don’t too! But from what I’ve heard with all the maintenance and training Logic is more of a pain for them than anything. As you can imagine their profit margins are much higher in areas other than pro audio. Just googled and found a short article that came out on it last week. Just rumors at this point, but doesn’t look promising.

212 posts Live Creative!
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • United States
BrownHouseMedia says

I am afraid that is likely the case. Look what they did to Final Cut Pro. It was by far the dominant video editing software in the marketplace (Even more so than logic) and they utterly destroyed it – I can’t imagine they won’t do the same thing with logic. They have made it very clear the professional market is not something they are interested in – they are now a consumer/gadget company.

63 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
TerriMatheson says

I use Logic Pro as well! I’ve heard the same rumors about discontinuing it—that would be unfortunate.

2003 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Switzerland
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

I used Logic Pro and before even Creator/Notator from C-Lab (Pre-historic Logic) and i really liked it at this time, but i switched to Cubase since they have put Nuendo technology in it, i like that much more, it sounds better for my ears and there’s a perfective maintenance i miss on Logic. I think, Apple is not gonna give it up, but make it as a free addon in iLive (instead of Garage Band) or something like this. But anyhow, now finally they confirmed, that they make a new version… But everybody knows (and i talked personal with a Logic developer a while ago who confirmed this to me) that Apple is not much interested in the Pro Market anymore :( (same i hear from Video Pro’s). It’s not hard to see, just look at their product portfolio…! Great pads and phones, VERY stylish iMac’s for the living room, but defenitely not really for Pro’s, which doesn’t mean that they can’t use it of course. And anyway: It depends what somebody’s doing with a software, if he is creative and a good musician. Then you can even make great stuff with freeware without super-dooper functions!! But me (i use Cubase, ProTools 10 and Sequoia) Cubase is by far the most flexible and powerful software for audio AND midi. Just installed the 7 version which sound REALLY interesting (well, maybe it’s scrap, but i’m optimistic until now!!). Time will tell….

147 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
JasonGraham says

I use Logic Express (bought it for the same price you can get Pro for now…grrr…).

I’ve been reading the forums a lot lately trying to find out when the next Logic’s coming out. I think just as many people think it’s dead as think that Logic Pro X or Logic Pro 10 is coming out soon. I guess all we can do is wait and see.

I do know that I have been experiencing more bugs in Logic Express as I’ve upgraded my OS, and I’m on the latest version of Logic Express. So I’m hoping at least those get resolved, although as of yet, I have not experienced any “show stopping” bugs.

256 posts God always geometrizes
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
kristijanf says

Logic Pro is the only reason i use Apple. And as far as i see Apple doing at the moment, making money on iPads and iPhones so greedy that they do not let any model last for more than few months without telling you that new model is far better and you should forget the old .

They also put aside everything else that doesn t bring them income they want (like Macs and stuff) Macs started to burn out and last very short, exactly the opposite it was 5-10 years ago. That very moment when they released Macbook under slogan “the greenest laptop on the market” ,it was clear it is easy to recycle, so it was obvious they will be short lasting.

Dont like their policy.Pure relentless capitalism.

by
by
by
by
by
by