1478 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
LumenMedia says

Just in a progress of updating my hardware and searching some feedback from real users of this models. Just curious – how neutral they are and how they are suitable for mixing?

342 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
soundtrove says

I have not owned either but have heard and read lot about the Be^$#@! Truth monitors and the consenus is they give anything but ‘the truth’. Adams have a good rep and the price reflects their quality. Monitors are a personal choice though – as in all things musical, let your ears (and budget!) be the judge. See if you can check them out at a store or their might even be some listening comparisons online.

Dale

87 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
JHungerX says

Okay, I haven’t heard the Behringers, so right off the bat I have no credibility, but…

It seems to me that these are in different strata altogether. Adam has a very good reputation and few detractors. Behringer is a mixed bag, and while some people seem to like them over other sub $500 speakers, it seems like there are a good number of quality control issues reported with these speakers. If you buy Adams, you’re purchasing a known quality brand and the speakers will hold their value much better than Behringer.

For the price, have you considered other players in the $250 per speaker range like KRK and Yamaha?

779 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
StudioEtude says

I also think that comparing Adam and Behringer not, it’s different monitors, and the quality and sound … And of course, if you choose between A5x….. A7x and then of course A7x as bass range is much better. Sound from Adam – a warm and rich harmonics, unlike Yamaha and Behringer

2010 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

My advice: Forget Behringer and buy Adam A7x, IMO you can’t compare them!!
Like StudioEtdue sayd, they have a nice sound, Behringer’s don’t really tell the truth, they have too much highs and bass but not such good mids (which is the most important!)...

1556 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

It’s funny, at my university the lecturers never say Behringer aloud, they always whisper it as if it’s a forbidden word haha; ‘the brand that shall not be named’. Go for the Adams!

1478 posts
+5 more
LumenMedia says
Ahh, remind me some hero in H* Potr book

It’s funny, at my university the lecturers never say Behringer aloud, they always whisper it as if it’s a forbidden word haha; ‘the brand that shall not be named’. Go for the Adams!
275 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
soundroll says

Using Adam A7X – great monitors

131 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Taiwan
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
buddhabeats says

Definitely try them out if you can. And remember not to choose the ones that sound “best”. The ones that most accurately reflect your mix over a wide range of systems would be the ones I choose. Now how that’s decided…well good luck!

Also don’t forget to consider the size of your room and what treatment you have – if any. If your room is tiny, then maybe a 7” woofer might be a bit much.

And by all means, check out other monitors if you can. You never know where a gem might be. I’ve been seriously looking at picking up a pair of monitors from PSI Audio. You guys from Europe might have heard of them. I hadn’t until recently. I was excited to learn about them. They might be out of your budget, but just using this case to point out that there may be more out there that you don’t know about.

Good luck with your choice!

893 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
JohnRosso says

I’m a B2030A user.

by
by
by