60 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Argentina
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
yio says

What kind of marketing will increase my sales?

What kind of marketing will be just wasting my time?

What do you think about each of these methods:
-Go to video production/web development sites and communities to post classifieds, links, forum threads signed with my AJ portfolio (not to spam!)
-Twitter/Facebook/Myspace
-Mailing lists of video production companies?
-My own website ( www.yio.com.ar/music )
-Put some API code to show my AJ items on my own website
-Google AdWords

346 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
musicformedia says

www.buysellads.com

Become active on film making forums, and have a link to your portfolio in your signature – that really helps.

Get a list of movie studios/producers in your area and send out demo packs to all of them

Plenty of stuff out there if you have a look around there

60 posts
  • Located in Argentina
+6 more
yio says

About become active on film making forums, my bad english is a limitation that requires I make a great effort but still I’ll do it!

Thanks!

;-)

By the way, do you suggest some particulary site or have some cool links of great sites?

346 posts
+3 more
musicformedia says
About become active on film making forums, my bad english is a limitation that requires I make a great effort but still I’ll do it! Thanks! ;-) By the way, do you suggest some particulary site or have some cool links of great sites?

Part of the fun is discovering them for yourself :)

60 posts
  • Located in Argentina
+6 more
yio says
60 posts
  • Located in Argentina
+6 more
yio says

Remember: donĀ“t make spam!

Just to make oneself known

Otherwise may AJ team will get annoyed with us 8)

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
clarity says

I am planning to finally flesh out my profile here, giving “clarity” an avatar and a twitter account.

Any thoughts about separating your stock-selling identity from your other musical or artistic work, as opposed to combining them freely?

The concern I have is that I make music that is shared in forums where there are people that are young and have potty-mouths; while I don’t portray that sort of image myself, I link to their bulletin boards and it would be easy to discover through many of my websites. I want to ensure that linking to clarity from my “fun” site (or linking to my site from here) will be more positive than negative.

Experiences in both the positive and the negative are welcome. Thanks in advance!

39 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
inkaudio says
www.buysellads.com

Become active on film making forums, and have a link to your portfolio in your signature – that really helps.

Get a list of movie studios/producers in your area and send out demo packs to all of them

Plenty of stuff out there if you have a look around there

All of the above except buyandsellads.com, it will be a waste even if you have a lot of money to spend on ads it won’t be worth the ROI .

688 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
robGD says

The big existential question is do you use your promotional means to send folks to AJ or your personal site? If I’m going to spend money on ads I think I’d rather just promote my portfolio. The reason we are here is to get the clout of the marketplace. The buyers are delivered to us through AJ, and then we woo them with good tracks. If you can get someone to click on a link to check out your stuff here, there’s also the chance that they convert and buy someone else’s track. I guess the referral deposit thing will be yours. Win win?? Another question: How many authors have been contacted about freelance work? I’d like to hear a success story or two. Also @ musicformedia: do you use the buysellads?

346 posts
+3 more
musicformedia says

No I don’t use them, but I am considering using them in the future. If you target the correct site – ie. a film making site with ads on it, then it would be a good idea. Having your ad on a cookery site wouldn’t be such a good idea.

I’ve been contacted by a number of people for freelance work – CBS was one of the larger clients, so there is great possibilities.

In terms of where to send people when you advertise, I would say to your own site – why not make a music licensing widget/store for your own site – I’m working on creating one for myself now – even get one from flashden and put it onto your site – then you’re getting the whole 100% profit rather than 25%... :)

by
by
by
by
by
by