2182 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

4th – produce at least 30 SFX weekly
Wow, that would be a really a nice tempo :)

and for the far future – hire keywording person
Ah, I’d love to find a person who can do this for me. But I think that keywording is one of the most important aspects / stages of stock business and I can’t just let anybody do this. Still looking for the right person :)
140 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
nahkaorava says

Writing more music! Not just for AJ, though! ;)! Wanna improve as composer, mixer and musician. I need to learn how to play keyboard better!

I also wanna play lots of gigs, luckily I have some really talented musicians in circle of friends!

249 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
miksmusic says

I want to finish few EPs of mine that’s been hanging in limbo for a while.

2182 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

Sorry for the separate topic, but I already prepared it earlier and it’s a bit broader than just about my music, so if anybody is interested: http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/2012-summary-and-new-year-resolutions/83545 ... If you don’t get bored, as it’s quite lengthy :D

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
468 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

Personally, I have a few ukulele tracks in my head that I want to get recorded, but after that I’d like to leave the uke alone for a while and concentrate on some other ideas that I have. I’d also like to go through my existing portfolio and improve everything.
I want to keep uploading tracks on a somewhat regular basis (once every two weeks seems reasonable) and keep improving the existing ones (I have remixed and remastered my first two items so far).
I bought my ukulele last summer thanks to my AJ earnings, so I am not quite ready to give it up yet, but I am currently exploring new styles that won’t require it.

I will get a website up and running.
I should probably have one as well, although I am not sure that it would make a huge difference as far as drawing sales… it would be interesting to ear from someone whose website has made a big splash.

I will continue to cull tracks which are not doing as well.
I am torn up when it comes to making such decision… I think I would rather try and improve these tracks than completely getting rid of them. They still get some random sales from time to time. BUT… I only have 14 items (almost 15).
I will probably change my mind once my portfolio gets substantially bigger.

Finally, now that I have reached my 2012 goal here on AJ (red paw), I want to upload my first Videohive item. I am a professional videographer, so it’s long overdue!
2182 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

I just wondered if anyone has any New Year resolutions regarding the music they write? Maybe you want to resist the temptation to use the ukulele? or maybe you want to concentrate on improving your already approved tracks? Or concentrate on new material?

Personally, I have a few ukulele tracks in my head that I want to get recorded, but after that I’d like to leave the uke alone for a while and concentrate on some other ideas that I have. I’d also like to go through my existing portfolio and improve everything.

I’m going to hire some session musicians for one or two tracks to play violin.

I’d like to try to upload at least one new track per month, but preferably one per week when possible.

I will get a website up and running, and I will improve the look and usability of my portfolio (get some fancy graphics at last)

I will continue to cull tracks which are not doing as well.

What will you do?

After you finish with the ukulele ideas, please do focus on other ideas as I believe you will get another brilliant ethnic/folk tune out of your sleeve ;)

Regarding the website/profile page, I’m joining you with this one. It’s my New Year resolution as well.

2715 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
mine are quite simple:
  • start composing music again, I hope 1 song per week.
  • watch more video tutorials on youtube and improve my skills.
  • make a lot more sales
  • save it for an OP-1 & Pulse controller (in case it gets a windows update, you might like this tool! discovered it this week.)
  • compose even more awesome music with that baby!
401 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

1. I cut my portfolio (deleted about 15 tracks) and I would like to replace them with more commercial music and improve the overall quality of my works. (devote more time to each new composition)
2. I plan to make more guitar (acoustic) music
3. I want to rerecord a few of my existing tracks
4. I’d like create happy ukulele track :D (now in progress)

1413 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

1- Keep Ukuleling :D 2- Promoting around the web 3- Uploading at least 1 track a week 4- Little cut of portfolio 5- Recording some real whistling for songs

Hoping for more sales and a featuring :)

866 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

Well, I just activated my AJ account for authoring yesterday so that is the first resolution!

The second is to increase my output without reducing quality.

I would like to have 50 AJ tracks approved by the end of the year.

That’s a pretty good start. Happy New Year to all!

by
by
by
by
by
by