• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+4 more
AndySlatter Reviewer says

I just wondered if anyone has any New Year resolutions regarding the music they write? Maybe you want to resist the temptation to use the ukulele? or maybe you want to concentrate on improving your already approved tracks? Or concentrate on new material?

Personally, I have a few ukulele tracks in my head that I want to get recorded, but after that I’d like to leave the uke alone for a while and concentrate on some other ideas that I have. I’d also like to go through my existing portfolio and improve everything.

I’m going to hire some session musicians for one or two tracks to play violin.

I’d like to try to upload at least one new track per month, but preferably one per week when possible.

I will get a website up and running, and I will improve the look and usability of my portfolio (get some fancy graphics at last)

I will continue to cull tracks which are not doing as well.

What will you do?

248 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Romania
bodorobodo says

First of all, I’ll try to have that ukulele, uplifting, snap, whistling track I don’t have yet.

After this, I’ll hire some vocalist services and start to do tracks with his voice on top.

I will try to upload a new track every three days.

Most important, I’ll try not to quit AudioJungle. I belive it’s a winner in a long run.

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Sweden
just-in-case says

I will continue to make awesome music. Commercial and non-commercial. :)

328 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
MValentino says

Violinist for hire here! :)

I’m waiting my uke track to be approved, and then I’m going back to my usual world music, piano and orchestral tracks, I feel more comfortable with them.

I’m also trying to improve my profile and portfolio look.

And of course, besides AJ activities, I’m going to finish my new cd and set up a new band in my new town…finger cross…:)

1990 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Hey Andy

I don’t have that many new year resolutions for my music, but i want to try to follow my inspiration. So anything can happen :)
But one i have, is to make some more happy piano tracks. And i will try to upload many in January and February… well see how much ideas i have, i start writing in the next days and i even got some ready for upload already, but didn’t do it yet.
I’m not sure if i should make a website or rather invest the saved time in writing more music – really still fighting with this question…
But one thing is sure: I continue to upload as good as possible songs and logos on AJ, it’s my passion :)
Wish you a happy new year!!

1545 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

They sound like some good resolutions Andy, you are awesome at the old uke tracks!

Okay, I’ll narrow it down to 5!

- I would like to find a new part-time job which is just one day a week so I can dedicate the other day to writing music for AJ.

- I would also like to record some tracks with my classical guitar as it is what I play most these days and feel I’m getting much better at improvising cool little solos. + play my first gig on guitar, possibly some open mic nights with mates etc

- I want to continue learning more about music post production

- Start learning some music theory again, as my knowledge of scales/modes/orchestration is very limited from relying on my ears

- Write a track good enough to get a feature here on AudioJungle (and get picked of course), that’s something that would make me feel like I had really gotten somewhere with my composing

There they are then, my music related resolutions! :D

42 posts
  • Netherlands
  • Exclusive Author
FactoryofMusic says

Great thread!

- Just like Andy, I’m also planning to hire some musicians for some a couple of AudioJungle. Hire could also mean that I give them some studio time / 1 on 1 music (recording) tutorials in return.

- Don’t quit AudioJungle. Also I’m convinced that AudioJungle will be a good bet in the long run.

- Being more consistent with uploading to AudioJungle.

920 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
jhunger says

Maybe you want to resist the temptation to use the ukulele?

Gasp! Nah, can’t do it. I love that little instrument way too much. Anyway, my wife is from Hawaii so I feel like I have an excuse.

I’d like to try to upload at least one new track per month, but preferably one per week when possible.

One per week for me, with two weeks off for vacation. My 2013 goal is 50 new songs.

I will get a website up and running, and I will improve the look and usability of my portfolio (get some fancy graphics at last)

Me too! I’ve said this every year for the last 3 years, so I know it will happen in 2013. Maybe even some advertising!

One other goal of mine is to record an actual album (if I can use that word anymore) of about 15 full songs with lyrics, etc. I’m also considering session musicians, especially for drums but possibly strings or any other instrument I’m weak on, including vocals, so I might be pinging some people here. (We should have a talent wanted/available classifieds forum section :) ).

679 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Poland
FxProSound says

1st – stop submitting old stuff 2nd – move best music to separate account and delete weaker ones 3rd – use only live played drums 4th – produce at least 30 SFX weekly

and for the far future – hire keywording person

1456 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Norway
Mihai_Sorohan says

My goal, finishing my new jazz album, not AJ material but I hope an interesting thing.

by
by
by
by
by
by