• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Mikka says

Some years ago i have had made a News Package for TV station where i work and had a great compliments for my work. One day i went to the TV Supplier Office to get some stuff, and there, when i entered an old guy who’s working there asked me with a very serious and cold face:

Are you the guy who made those news graphics ? i said: Yeah. and waiting his next question. Well, (he continued) i have to say that you made a huge mistake out there young man? Me, very surprised: Sorry?? Your globe at animation is rotating from east to west and this is very wrong, how did you miss that?! I couldn’t believe what i heard lol! This is an artwork, (i continued) if i like i can make a globe in cylinder shape or even planar, so this has nothing to do with scientific facts. No no no! He said in very bad mood, I finished university in Geography Science, you can talk to me all day long about your design, but, geographic fact have to be respected! In that moment i wanted so badly to start laughing the way i never laughed before, that old man was so serious you can’t imagine :)

181 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Lithuania
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
MRMdesigns says

Actually, I would agree with that old guy :D I think we should be serious about what’s going on TV news, and if you made the globe look exactly as the Earth with all its continents and oceans, it would be illogical to rotate the Earth in a wrong direction. Yes, it’s artwork, but you are restricted to certain logical rules. That’s my opinion :)

42 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Mikka says

Actually, I would agree with that old guy :D I think we should be serious about what’s going on TV news, and if you made the globe look exactly as the Earth with all its continents and oceans, it would be illogical to rotate the Earth in a wrong direction. Yes, it’s artwork, but you are restricted to certain logical rules. That’s my opinion :)

The globe wasn’t like real earth at all lol but i like how much he respected what he learned in his days. I like and use a quotation: To live a creative live we must lose our fear of being wrong ;) Just imagine what would be saying biologists about Picasso’s paintings when they say people figures he drow :D

1686 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+1 more
Creattive says

I guess that if I was the person doing the design, I would have brainstormed a few seconds in which direction I must turn the globe when I was animating the rotation. Things like that are important to me and is somehow a sign of professionality. You can call yourself artist and do what you want but in the end it’s a design for something serious (TV News) and I like to make no mistakes :)

42 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Mikka says

I guess that if I was the person doing the design, I would have brainstormed a few seconds in which direction I must turn the globe when I was animating the rotation. Things like that are important to me and is somehow a sign of professionality. You can call yourself artist and do what you want but in the end it’s a design for something serious (TV News) and I like to make no mistakes :)

And i believed the idea was to have some funny happenings here. Is it your life to serious and cannot find a funny moments (at your work) or you are afraid to write something so people might start mocking you? Too much judging here! You guys missed the real point, so please, “lose your fear of being wrong”. Sincerely

595 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
addeystock says

title : Any funny happening you experienced?
But the old man was really serious about his opinion :)

1686 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+1 more
Creattive says

And i believed the idea was to have some funny happenings here. Is it your life to serious and cannot find a funny moments (at your work) or you are afraid to write something so people might start mocking you? Too much judging here! You guys missed the real point, so please, “lose your fear of being wrong”. Sincerely

Sorry Mikka, didn’t want you to get this on the wrong foot. No offense :)

by
by
by
by
by
by