9 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
RoryCairnduff says

Hello AJ, i’ve been an author for a while now, and though I have only uploaded 2 tracks so far to AJ, I still feel that there is probable areas of improvement needed in order to get that first sale i’m lacking.

Can anyone offer some further advice that could help me in that direction? Thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy New Year to you all :)

http://audiojungle.net/user/RoryCairnduff/portfolio
65 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Bosnia and Herzegovina Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
thesaka24 says

Well only thing I can think of is, try creating some catchy thumbnails, and upload more tracks.
Always look from buyers perspective.
Ask yourself : “Is that item good, and should I buy it?”.

Good luck and have a nice day.

9 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
RoryCairnduff says

Thanks for the reply, i’ll take that on board thesaka

76 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
FruityAudio says

I would suggest you to upload more tracks in different genres, not only corporate ones ;)
Good luck ;)

129 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
soundgridmedia says

hi there Rory, i listen all of your songs, and it was great!! but surprisingly none of your music got sales same as thesaka says you need to get attention from buyer, advertise more by upload more songs,and share throught music sharing sites like soundcloud or something like that maybe youtube can work to and link back to your portfolio. you should check your envato analytics more often to see how many people are listening to your songs

15 posts
    Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
zoo-music says

Hey Rory,

I’m brand new here this month (as you can see this is my first post!) but I’ve been making music for a while now so hope I can offer some useful advice. My approach with AJ will ultimately be to have some fun making music while hopefully getting a few extra pennies along the way. As I also work at a media company that actively uses audiojungle to source music (we purchase half a dozen licences per week), I have gained a bit of an insight as to how people search for music and attach to certain authors.

Here’s some ideas:

Brand - When either myself or another colleague is choosing music for vid projects at work, we’re always against the clock. So we’ve become familiar with authors where we can be confident that we can go to their portfolio and quickly find awesome material. As well as being an oasis of quality, these authors always have a cohesive brand – meaning they’re easy to identify and you develop familiarity and trust. I think your main logo’s good – but for the reason’s I’ve mentioned, consider using the same logo for your track icons. Also consider adding a dab of colour into your logo – it’s a powerful identifier but not essential if your monochrome logo stands-out enough. Another point about the authors we often use – they tend to have portfolios that are large enough to form a useful resource in themselves. I think that’s a really important point. So as a long-term audiojungle customer and a new author, I can see those 3 key ingredients for authors to strive for: brand-impact, breadth of portfolio, quality of material.

I think your tracks sound great – one comment I would have is that there’s alot of quite percussive elements – not percussion itself but just a lot of ‘pizzicato’-style playing. These work well but I think would be complimented by a few more atmospheric elements to help glue things together. Remember sustain is your friend on the piano – and ‘For The Future’ perhaps would work well with some more sustain pedal use in that piano intro – really depends what you’re going for though.

I hope these thoughts are useful!

9 posts
RoryCairnduff says

Thanks for the replies everyone, it proves that AJ has an extremely helpful community and I will take it all on board :)

by
by
by
by
by
by