• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
gbiasillo says

Here’s a story that I found funny.

A recent track of mine sold within hours of being released, so I went to bed with a fluffy feeling inside. The next morning, I checked my profile and my account balance was way up! Woot! I thought, I’ve FINALLY hit a formula for a track that will sell! Nope, my track hadn’t sold any more – the sale was from a music pack. Still good but not quite what I’d hoped for! LOL

Please share your anticlimactic stories :)

606 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Germany
Basspartout says
I once discovered that stock music site called…. ah…cant remember the name right now. Anyway, they have that system that you can actually see what an author sold by a coloured paw right next to his/her name. So I joined and uploaded a few tracks, went to bed with that feeling that I’ve FINALLY hit a formula for my life and that I’d see at least a red paw in no time….... Woot…still brown?? :confusedsad:

Still good but not quite what I’d hoped for! LOL
:winktongue:
:chuckle: You all have a terrific weekend :)
thesensercomplex
thesensercomplex Recent Posts Threads Started
482 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
thesensercomplex says

I love it when a music pack sells. That balance goes up mighty quick…. That goes for extended license sales too.

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
591 posts
  • Finland
  • Exclusive Author
scoringaudiogeeks says

I love it when a music pack sells. That balance goes up mighty quick…. That goes for extended license sales too.

Yeah, once there was extended license sale on music pack and I was w00t how many songs we have sold and … it was just one music pack :D

599 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
TortoiseTree says

Ok, I need to share this story with you guys coz I know that at least you guys will understand it, and how funny it is.

So we know with this saxophone player who’s a real jazz cat and put a lot of his own money into writing, recording, producing and publishing a jazz album with some friends. So he comes to us one day saying “Man, we worked on this album for months on end and it’s finally done, it’s published everywhere now… iTunes, cdbaby etc… here let me show you one of our songs” So then he opens up one of the sites he’s publishing from and plays the “best” track. So it’s pretty good and he’s taking us through the song and says” listen to this part, it took so many takes to get this sax solo down but we got it perfect” so then we all lean in in anticipation and then suddenly we hear the noise of ten saxophones playing at once. His face goes completely grey and he murmurs “S**t… guys I gotta go fix this” and bolts out the room.

Now those of you with mixing and sound engineering experience know what has happened but to those of you that don’t I’ll explain. When you record solos or even parts for a song, often you do it various times and you save all the takes, then when you pick whichever take you like most you either mute the rest of the takes or delete them. After that you export the audio. This poor guy forgot to mute the other nine tracks and the engineer forgot to check the track, so on their published album there are ten sax takes playing at once!

Now, I do want to clear up that we felt really bad for this guy and fortunately the actual CD hadn’t been burned yet and they had only published online. But still, we did laugh about it and now it’s a joke amongst all of us, even he admits it’s pretty funny. I hope you guys find it funny too, I just had to share that with my fellow other AudioJungle musicians!!

SimpleProductions
SimpleProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
54 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
SimpleProductions says

That is hilarious! Obviously they didn’t bother with mastering…

942 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • United Kingdom
+1 more
AlumoAudio says

@TortoiseTree: What a great story! I’ve accidentally exported multiple takes myself in the past, but as I’m terrified of exactly this happening, always check the output. OMG imagine the sound on those saxophones!

290 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United States
SchwartzSound says

then suddenly we hear the noise of ten saxophones playing at once.

I dunno, sounds pretty avant garde to me ;)

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
591 posts
  • Finland
  • Exclusive Author
scoringaudiogeeks says

@TortoiseTree: Entertaining story! Poor sax-dude :/

1455 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Norway
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mihai_Sorohan says

... and then suddenly we hear the noise of ten saxophones playing at once. His face goes completely grey and he murmurs “S**t… guys I gotta go fix this” and bolts out the room. Now those of you with mixing and sound engineering experience know what has happened but to those of you that don’t I’ll explain. When you record solos or even parts for a song, often you do it various times and you save all the takes, then when you pick whichever take you like most you either mute the rest of the takes or delete them. After that you export the audio. This poor guy forgot to mute the other nine tracks and the engineer forgot to check the track, so on their published album there are ten sax takes playing at once!

Well, here’s another, sort of similar. Some time ago a friend of mine asked me to record a trumpet solo for his album. I recorded several takes, some with mute, some without, sent all and told him “you’ll chose what you like”.
Next day he send me a mix with all solos on top of each other and told me he likes it better this way. That did create a certain “something”.

by
by
by
by
by
by