23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
letunlame says

Good morning to all. During 2012 – 2013 year suddenly ringing that neither he could not figure out where it. or in the ears or head. There are people with similar problem that solved it?? Just do not talk to me about the hospital from which there is no sense at all.

1528 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

Yep I’ve had tinnitus since I was about 15 (now 22), pretty sure it was from drumming from the age of 11 with no ear protection and going to gigs. There is no cure, you’ve just got to get used to it and be safe :)

535 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Coriiander says

Hello letunlame,

“Ringing in the head”, also called tinnitus, can be very nasty. At a very young age (3 to 7) I had many severe problems with my ears. This resulted in a damaged tympanic membrane (hole in it) in both ears and thus quite a loss of hearing and thus the requirement for using hearing aids in both ears. As I grew up, at high school, some nasty kids kept making fun of it and I stopped wearing them. I slowly got used to it, and I get by just well now (35 now). Even for music. Even for mastering; I use my eyes for a big part.

With that said: in the year of 2009 I emigrated from The Netherlands to Thailand. During the yearly Songkran-festival (Buddhism newyear where people throw tons of water at eachother for days, and days) some dirty water ended up in my ear. This resulted in a severe infection. While I had never had any problems with noises or ringing, all of the sudden this started. This is where my tinnitus started. And let me tell you: it was hell. True hell on earth. >>

I’m very sorry to tell you, but tinnitus will never ever go away. There is no cure for it. One has to learn to live with it. I get by now. There’s just a soft, though constant ring/beep in my left ear. But during the time in Thailand, and believe me I’m not exagarrating, there was a huge wall of sound in there, quite literally like sirenes, alarms. It was very, very loud. When people spoke to me I could not hear them anymore, this loud it was. It kept going and going and going for days, for weeks, for months. It drived me nuts. Imagine: I only recently emigrated to there, for a study and for a job. I sure couldn’t follow my study like this, leave alone do my job. I didn’t know the language yet, yet I needed professional healthcare. I couldn’t communicate! For even if they would know how to speak English (which most didn’t), I simply wouldn’t hear it.

Long story short, I managed to end up back in The Netherlands. To get healthcare here. With some medication the infections were stopped and slowly the horrible sirenes diminished, leaving nothing but a constant ring/beep. After what I was used to, this wasn’t a big deal. I am so used to it by now.

One word of advise: do NOT focus on it. While I am writing now I notice the ringing getting louder. Tinnitus isn’t physically in the ear perse, it can be a hearing-related brain-issue. I will need to stop writing and go out now to get distracted. Only then I should continue on my music. And no, the tinnitus does not hinder the making of music. Well, not in my situation anyway. Try to accept it; there is no other way. Whenever you find yourself focussing too much on it, then please by all means: find distraction. You will get used to it, really.

------------
Eventhough there is no cure for tinnitus, be sure to visit a professional doctor for this as soon as possible. Stop reading, grab your phone and make an appointment. Now! For it might very well be something else than tinnitus. Infections or high blood pressure can result in ringing in the ear too. Now those issues can be solved.
------------

Best wishes, and best of luck to you :),

/|\ Coriiander /|\

574 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Gae47 says

Yes, tinnitus is a hazard of the trade for musicians as well as in other jobs. I have had it on and off for years and have taken to wearing protective helical ear plugs whenever I am teaching on loud acoustic pianos. Digital pianos and keyboards are great though because of the volume adjust. I’m also very careful about my hearing and try not to have anything too loud for too long a period. I usually save these times for mixing my music. :D
I would advise anyone who is involved in the music industry (or any other job) where you are exposed to loud sounds on a day to day basis, to wear ear protection to help prevent the onset of tinnitus.

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
letunlame says

Hello letunlame,

“Ringing in the head”, also called tinnitus, can be very nasty. At a very young age (3 to 7) I had many severe problems with my ears. This resulted in a damaged tympanic membrane (hole in it) in both ears and thus quite a loss of hearing and thus the requirement for using hearing aids in both ears. As I grew up, at high school, some nasty kids kept making fun of it and I stopped wearing them. I slowly got used to it, and I get by just well now (35 now). Even for music. Even for mastering; I use my eyes for a big part.

With that said: in the year of 2009 I emigrated from The Netherlands to Thailand. During the yearly Songkran-festival (Buddhism newyear where people throw tons of water at eachother for days, and days) some dirty water ended up in my ear. This resulted in a severe infection. While I had never had any problems with noises or ringing, all of the sudden this started. This is where my tinnitus started. And let me tell you: it was hell. True hell on earth. >>

I’m very sorry to tell you, but tinnitus will never ever go away. There is no cure for it. One has to learn to live with it. I get by now. There’s just a soft, though constant ring/beep in my left ear. But during the time in Thailand, and believe me I’m not exagarrating, there was a huge wall of sound in there, quite literally like sirenes, alarms. It was very, very loud. When people spoke to me I could not hear them anymore, this loud it was. It kept going and going and going for days, for weeks, for months. It drived me nuts. Imagine: I only recently emigrated to there, for a study and for a job. I sure couldn’t follow my study like this, leave alone do my job. I didn’t know the language yet, yet I needed professional healthcare. I couldn’t communicate! For even if they would know how to speak English (which most didn’t), I simply wouldn’t hear it.

Long story short, I managed to end up back in The Netherlands. To get healthcare here. With some medication the infections were stopped and slowly the horrible sirenes diminished, leaving nothing but a constant ring/beep. After what I was used to, this wasn’t a big deal. I am so used to it by now.

One word of advise: do NOT focus on it. While I am writing now I notice the ringing getting louder. Tinnitus isn’t physically in the ear perse, it can be a hearing-related brain-issue. I will need to stop writing and go out now to get distracted. Only then I should continue on my music. And no, the tinnitus does not hinder the making of music. Well, not in my situation anyway. Try to accept it; there is no other way. Whenever you find yourself focussing too much on it, then please by all means: find distraction. You will get used to it, really.

------------
Eventhough there is no cure for tinnitus, be sure to visit a professional doctor for this as soon as possible. Stop reading, grab your phone and make an appointment. Now! For it might very well be something else than tinnitus. Infections or high blood pressure can result in ringing in the ear too. Now those issues can be solved.
------------

Best wishes, and best of luck to you :), /|\ Coriiander /|\
Thank you so much for such a text very carefully read and listen to what is written there…
23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
letunlame says

Yep I’ve had tinnitus since I was about 15 (now 22), pretty sure it was from drumming from the age of 11 with no ear protection and going to gigs. There is no cure, you’ve just got to get used to it and be safe :)
Thanks for the advice to me is very important …
466 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
NoizMan says

I have tinnitus for 10 years. If the source of the tinnitus can be detected, it can be cured ( but this is really rare ). If you can not get the cure don’t worry. You will get used to it.

My tinnitus is really serious. I have several ringings at different frequencies and I can hear them all the time ( even while I am watching movie on tv ). Do not focus! Drink less coffee :)

Take care :)

Fernandestelecaster
Fernandestelecaster Recent Posts
Threads Started
113 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Fernandestelecaster says

I’ve had some problems when I was a kid. I can hear 20% with my right ear and I have the tinnitus. It becomes louder after I’m at a concert or rehearsal/I stay for several hours unprotected in a room with verry loud sound. I find it most irritating when you’re trying to fall asleep. At other times I got used to focusing on other things and forgetting about it. From what I know you cannot cure tinnitus. I’ve seen some statistics that showed that tinnitus has become much more spread in the last decade especially to kids due to listening lot of music on headsets with the volume too loud. Those statistics indicated that many of them ended having hearing problems because of the lack of protection for long periods of time. I think you should try to protect yourself as often as posibble.

75 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Italy
pietrogirardi says
Seems that drastically reducing exposure to loud volumes may limit/reduce the problem,
http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/17910/Tinnitus_trips_up_another_top_DJ

Hope this helps.

by
by
by
by
by
by