813 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
petrenj says

Im in.But,does it had to be some funny or more serious Halloween music?

506 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
Sky-Productions says

Good question. Is this like goofy, playful Halloween Music or Horror Music? Either way its a good idea.

1556 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Good question. Is this like goofy, playful Halloween Music or Horror Music? Either way its a good idea.

I think both would be best :)

565 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

Only 1 to 2 pages? Funny. For the Halloween-tunes are scattered all over the market place. They’re not only in the Seasonal section. I’ve already been working on the Tombstone Halloween Collection. Only uploaded 4 tracks for it so far but the entire project is 50 tracks. Envato figured it best to put them into Game Sounds, for it’s all about atmospheres, for real life usage (background ambiences). When one needs Halloween stuff one can search for creepy, scary, horror, halloween, etc. It’s a fine line. It can be anything really, from cheerful childrens’ singing, to sinister orchestral scores, to pure sound effects.

Anyway, I personally dislike the idea of a general competition in this. That’s very much a subjective thing. Halloween is not the same for everybody. While to some it maybe a joyful thing, to others it is used to at last be able to virtually bring all the darkness alive / to earth. Believe me, from the scene I come from and the people I hang out with, it’s Halloween the entire year, so when it then indeed is Halloween our creationism goes overboard. I think AudioJungle would be shocked to hear some Halloween-audio material when we’d take things to the extreme, which we’d find brilliant, yet I really expect that all those who want it to be something more cheerful and ‘generally acceptable’ they would be disgusted. Which is a real shame. Again: it’s too subjective, and since this is a pretty limited platform in this respect, it’s also unfair because artists are limited on what they may do. f such a competition would be held, then it should be in various classes. Like best orchestral, best ambience, the most scary, the best for children, etc. A general competition simply is unfair towards authors I think. I could go overboard but I’ve already been limitting the contents of my atmospheric ambient tracks to keep it ‘friendly’ to the general public. I can for example not imagine that tracks like these would possible be accepted:

“The rape of Persephone” (mythic goddess raped by Hades, the lord of the underworld)
“From the stench of necrophiled graves” (an army of ghouls has arisen through necromancy),
“Bathory Hymn” (a hymn to the history of countess Elizabeth Bathory, murdering hundreds of slave girls)
... etc

Yes, I will be uploading these tracks for my Tombstone Halloween Collection, but they are greatly eased to fit the general public. After all it’s about what our customer-base wants, right? If you’d hold a competition about this it’s more of a competition to “the author who bests understands what our customer-base needs for Halloween”. Personally I’m still new here, whch means I cannot possibly have the same insight than already existing authors. In this light I think that a general competition is not a fair idea, for those who do not win, are penalized in some way (clients will typically look at winners first, instead of randomness).

255 posts
RomanosMusic says

That’s an awesome idea and a great initiative to compose new material. Let’s hope it happens :)

204 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+4 more
GregMusic says

I know the contest isn’t official or anything yet but after reading this thread last week I got inspired to give it a shot at writing some halloween music, and so this is the result and my entry. Please enjoy!

http://audiojungle.net/item/halloween-piano-overture/5310217

-Greg :)

35 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
mccumba says

YYYEEESSSSS!!!!

310 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Novak5 says

let the battle commence! 8-)

565 posts
+3 more
Coriiander says

let the battle commence! 8-)

I’ll be on the dark, evilish side. “Now draw your sword and proove your worth, minion!”
( :p )

I’m still not pro this competition idea, as in detail explained before, but might it come indeed, then I do wish everyone the most of luck, and more importantly, alot of fun.

1556 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

How about it then? :)

Not sure who to ask about this so I’ll just flag it for staff reply.

by
by
by
by
by
by