• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
majd_abdul says

I want to make my files more accessible by adding XML support. So far I got the hang of it with the help of Kirupa’s great tutorial

But now I’m thinking XML is not enough, as I prefer that the user see the immediate end result of his/her work (WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet style).

Does anyone here create a WYSIWYG app for his files to make using them easier? Is the making of such an app possible in Flash?

2114 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
fifty_tons says

I think you can even without php, but it’s a lot more work, and I don’t think it’s worth it. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m sure it can be done.

915 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
michaelhejja says

Once a file is XML driven, making it WYSIWYG is easy. Just let him change the parameters, and reload the XML .

1092 posts
  • Netherlands
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+2 more
Reconcept says

You might have seen the little value sliders I use with some of my files (e.g. CarouselDesigner v2). The users can slide the xml values and see live changes here on FlashDen. That doesn’t actually affect the source xml file (i.e. no changes are being saved) but they can just read the values they chose and manually put them in the xml file when they’re satisfied with the values they chose.

My point is: this might be part of what you’re trying to accomplish. You only need to save the changes live to xml, for example via a php script or something. It’s doable, but I’m not going to do it for ya :)

2114 posts
  • Exclusive Author
fifty_tons says

I was thinking about something else. Saving an xml requires php.
here’s what I ment: for example, you have text page. You can have an invisible password, when you type a certain word (anywhere on the stage) the admin panel will appear. And you can have an input text box there and type something in it, and a button onRelease will make the text from the input text field go to the text in the dynamic text field that holds the actual text of the page. Of course, that’s the easiest example, but the same logic goes for everything. Well having an upload option for images for exmaple requires php, but the rest can be done without. Of course, it’s not a good idea :D. It would be a better and safer idea using php. Why did I type so much then? :P

905 posts
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

50 and majd_abdul search for LiveText on here by Michael heijja it might be what you are looking for I think but it still works with xml I think. also som compitors to flashden offer some CMS sytems that work with flash. I hope that is what you are looking for I my be way off base.

905 posts
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

50 and majd_abdul search for LiveText on here my Michael heijja it might be what you are looking for I think but it still works with xml I think. also som compitors to flashden offer some CMS sytems that work with flash. I hope that is what you are looking for I my be way off base.

715 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
majd_abdul says

Thanks for the great insight people. I’ll settle for XML for now until I get more experienced at it.

Anyway the end goal is to make it so that people don’t see a single line of code and just put the items where they want ( Like a Level editor in a game ) and click Save.

@jurgenv: You don’t have to make it for me. Just tell me it’s possible, and I’ll climb that mountain :)

2114 posts
  • Exclusive Author
fifty_tons says
50 and majd_abdul search for LiveText on here by Michael heijja it might be what you are looking for I think but it still works with xml I think. also som compitors to flashden offer some CMS sytems that work with flash. I hope that is what you are looking for I my be way off base.

I think you are reffering to the XML editor (great file btw). That’s made with php definately, I was thinking about a way without php or xml :). Personally, if I’l ever need to create a flash CMS , I’ll do the flash programming (xml driven) and then hire a php developer to make my admin panel. Something like michael’s xml editor, only custom made and with some custom features.

905 posts
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

ya xml editor is cool but is live text app allows for a secret password to be typed when viewing the flash file and all the text gets highlighted and becomes editible wyswigg style. what you see is what you get. but I have feeling yall might be talking about something over my head

by
by
by
by
by
by