153 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Lebanon
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
FaroukMallah says

‘Hey everyone, i’m stuck in the “soft rejection” phase, reason: the watermark sounds “altered”, you can’t edit the watermark in any shape or form. the thing is I DID NOT edit change pitch, modulate … u name it the watermark ! i just drop it into the mix and that’s it! i don’t do anything to the watermark, not in my previous uploads not with this one either, 10 minutes ago was my 4th re-submission! and still having the same reply 0.0!

any advice is appreciated, thanks :)cheers

3199 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+9 more
ADG3studios Staff says

Kifak MallahStudio

You can hear how altered the WM is here, on your preview still pending in the system – http://2.s3.envato.com/files/48271248/preview.mp3

Something on your side is changing it, perhaps a sample rate issue. Maybe try downloading the original again.. make sure all rates are the same.. Otherwise not sure, but other submissions are ok.

Sahten!

203 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
TJMusic says

I have checked the preview shown above, the watermark sounds higher pitched there. After I resampled it to 48kHz and then changed rate back to 44.1kHz without resampling, it started to sound right.

It seems like you imported the watermark (which is in 44.1kHz) to 48kHz project without resampling it, so it became high-pitched. Then you exported the project to 44.1kHz mp3 with proper resampling. To fix it, you should probably add the watermark to the mix after exporting it in 44.1kHz, or maybe resample it to 48kHz before adding to the mix. You might also consider working in 44.1kHz because quality loses on conversion outweight quality gains from using so little higher sampling rate.

153 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Lebanon
FaroukMallah says

I’m good ADG3studios :) i checked on everything uploading now, hope the problem is fixed now. Thank you for the feedback.

3a albak!

153 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Lebanon
FaroukMallah says

I have checked the preview shown above, the watermark sounds higher pitched there. After I resampled it to 48kHz and then changed rate back to 44.1kHz without resampling, it started to sound right. It seems like you imported the watermark (which is in 44.1kHz) to 48kHz project without resampling it, so it became high-pitched. Then you exported the project to 44.1kHz mp3 with proper resampling. To fix it, you should probably add the watermark to the mix after exporting it in 44.1kHz, or maybe resample it to 48kHz before adding to the mix. You might also consider working in 44.1kHz because quality loses on conversion outweight quality gains from using so little higher sampling rate.

This is excatly what i just did! thank you very much fellow :) cheers

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
503 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
kristopherfisheraudio says

If you using Cubase, then by default it does not resample on import. Just a heads up – You can change it in the project preferences so it is set to resample by default. I was having a similar issue as you. Not sure if you are using Cubase though.

153 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Lebanon
FaroukMallah says

If you using Cubase, then by default it does not resample on import. Just a heads up – You can change it in the project preferences so it is set to resample by default. I was having a similar issue as you. Not sure if you are using Cubase though.

Yes i’m using Cubase (sometimes ableton), the problem is solved, thank you for your reply fellow, cheers :)!

by
by
by
by
by
by