126 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
GraphikoFX says

I’ve been member since December 2009 but never been featured as author in homepage. :( But I see there are less than a year as authors and they been featured already. This will be my 4th year but still no luck :(

I’ll keep waiting and maybe it will grant to me on my 10th year ahahaha :)

Have a good day to all

MJ

1548 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

I don’t think this kind of thread will help you. I don’t know but i’m pretty sure that the idea is to promote up and coming authors with good quality portfolios. You seem to be doing pretty well :)

126 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
GraphikoFX says

I don’t think this kind of thread will help you. I don’t know but i’m pretty sure that the idea is to promote up and coming authors with good quality portfolios. You seem to be doing pretty well :)

Yes I know it won’t help and I didn’t post it to help me featured, I just want to get some comments because I’m still wondering how envato choose author to be featured or if there are requirements.

90 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
HelloCharlie says

Yes I know it won’t help and I didn’t post it to help me featured, I just want to get some comments because I’m still wondering how envato choose author to be featured or if there are requirements.

+1

1548 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Well haven’t you noticed any trends in the last 4 years?

Anyway, here’s a quote from Scott (http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/featured-author/53596?page=2) that may help:

Here’s what it takes to be a Featured Author. Note, it could be ANY of the following, not ALL of the following:
  • A high quality portfolio. A new author with just a handful of files is unlikely to be featured
  • Has shown incredible consistency in quality throughout their portfolio
  • Perhaps the author has had one or two recent “hits” – items that have sold well
  • Consistent sales
  • A growing portfolio of items
  • Good community member
  • Catches the eye (or ear!) of reviewers with something unique
  • Has numerous items suitable to the week being featured (Halloween week, Christmas week etc…)
  • We rarely feature authors twice but some of the very top authors have achieved this.
  • There is obviously a large amount of luck involved in the Featured Author process: With SO many authors and SO many incredible tracks but with only 52 spots per year (once per week) it’s unfortunately impossible to feature every single author. But hey, we try. :)

All in all, good music and good community members do not go unnoticed.

Hope this helps explain the process. :-)
998 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

I also never been featured neither my any file even some of my files are very high quality and deserve to be featured.

1548 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

my files are very high quality and deserve to be featured.

You and all the other great authors. There are only a certain number of weeks in a year!

362 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
codenegar says

I guess one of the parameters (other than product quality and…) to be featured is be active on forums.

126 posts
+5 more
GraphikoFX says

Well haven’t you noticed any trends in the last 4 years?

Anyway, here’s a quote from Scott (http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/featured-author/53596?page=2) that may help:

Here’s what it takes to be a Featured Author. Note, it could be ANY of the following, not ALL of the following:
  • A high quality portfolio. A new author with just a handful of files is unlikely to be featured
  • Has shown incredible consistency in quality throughout their portfolio
  • Perhaps the author has had one or two recent “hits” – items that have sold well
  • Consistent sales
  • A growing portfolio of items
  • Good community member
  • Catches the eye (or ear!) of reviewers with something unique
  • Has numerous items suitable to the week being featured (Halloween week, Christmas week etc…)
  • We rarely feature authors twice but some of the very top authors have achieved this.
  • There is obviously a large amount of luck involved in the Featured Author process: With SO many authors and SO many incredible tracks but with only 52 spots per year (once per week) it’s unfortunately impossible to feature every single author. But hey, we try. :)

All in all, good music and good community members do not go unnoticed.

Hope this helps explain the process. :-)

Thanks SoundFix for this great post from Scott. I appreciate it. But I’m still curious why there are some authors featured even their items are few and some are similar to hundreds of author’s projects, few sales, no referrals and no other badges that represent their help and contributions to envato community but they still featured. You can’t blame author like me to feel this specially when you see you are more deserved to be featured to an author featured. One more thing is longevity, I think envato should think something for loyal members who are 3 years or more as author which are not yet featured. Loyal authors here are the Senior Citizen in the community, so envato give extra priority for the loyal authors in choosing featured authors. :)

484 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Won a competition Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
pixeful says

And not even in bundle :D

by
by
by
by
by
by