Say I were to put a song on Google Play or iTunes. If I wanted to use an image from graphicriver or photodune will I need the extended license to use for album art? Thanks.
- Beta Tester
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
No (I think), since you will be selling your music and not the artwork. If you were to print cds and sell you would need the extended license.
A staff or mod will confirm this for you. Don’t take my word for it.
I ran into this and my understanding on it was that I would need an extended license as the artwork would or could be downloaded as well as the music so therefore you are selling it along with the music (end product). I stayed away from it and used my own photo instead. If you get a definite answer on this I would be interested.