1426 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

Unfortunately when I whistle inward I start to feel dizzy because of the large amount of oxygene :D and the sound is best when air goes out… 90 degrees angle and doubling are the advices I will follow tomorrow: the day of whistling!

235 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
backgroundmusic says

My latest track is with whistling. The most important thing is not to whistle directly into the microphone membrane, because microphone then absorbs to much of whistling air. And you want to achieve too much of whistle, not of air. The best thing to get it correct is to distance yourself from the microphone, best to do it at an angle of 60 to 90 degrees, as Tim already said. It would be good to step away from the microphone twice as much when you sing, on that way you can reduce a bit more amount of whistling air. Of course, the more distant you make from the microphone, the more ambient of your room enters into your microphone, so it would be good if your room is acoustically treated, at least the first reflection. And as I started, at the end I’ll tell you that it would be good that you have maybe SSL Duality :bigsmile: but then I remembered that it`s only important to make good music. :-)

1185 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

What Tim said. Also, there are some whistle sample instruments out there(Whistler?)

I still love that there is even a whistle sample library on the market!

77 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
-LYRA- says

Interesting thread! In my whistling track (after trying everything possible) I ended up combining the 90 degree approach with a free ‘Shepherd’ VST plugin. It was a meticulous work, but fun. :-)

1426 posts
+9 more

Whistling at 90 degrees worked perfectly. All noises and wind are gone…anyway I layered my whistling with some keyboards, because I’m not a good whistler anymore. Need to practise again :P Now I’m wait for the queue, thanks again guys!

47 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
ClassicBeauty says

On the topic of whistling – I find it difficult to make intonation decisions for whistling parts at times. What sounds fine one day will seem like it needs to be tuned or replaced/edited the next. It’s a battle between the “everything should always be in tune” philosophy and the “Andy Griffith Theme” approach…

1426 posts
+9 more

I put my whistle.wav into melodyne, to make it in tune, leaving modulation unaltered to keep it natural:)

by
by
by
by
by
by