124 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
JStephens says

Hey all,

I recently got tasked with buying 4 microphones for a new studio with a max budget of 2k on all 4 microphones. So that comes out to 500 or less on each one. Any suggestions? We have 2 K2s, 1 Neumann U87 , and lots of live recording mics for drums and acoustic guitars/pianos mainly.

Microphones will mainly be used for pop vocals and rap vocals along with “I Believe” some choir recordings as well. (Using multiple of these mics together)

Any suggestions? Something with nice warm tone?

All feedback appreciated

Best,

Jonathan

60 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
Greysound says

Hey Jonathan,

I’ve been using Rode NT2 -A for a couple years and It has never failed me. Awesome mic with an affordable price. I have used it for vocals, voiceovers and capturing various sounds. Always gives me what I expect and sometimes even more. Price was pretty high at the time I purchased it, but I guess it is way under 500 now.

Strongly suggest you to check it out ;)

Cheers!

124 posts
+1 more
JStephens says

Hey,

thanks for the reply, mic looks practical and priced nicely around 400 bucks so its a possibility for sure. Rode quality has never done me wrong so thats a plus as well.

Thanks for the input Grey much appreciated! :)

60 posts
+3 more
Greysound says

Hey again Jonathan,

You are very welcome my friend.

By the way, I think you can start these kind of threads under Audiojungle title in order to get more replies. A thread like this one wouldn’t necessarily be off-topic since it is about music/music creation (microphones in this case). I have seen way off-topic threads has been started Audiojungle forums :) Besides, it seems like, Audiojunglers don’t show much attention to this part of forums.

Cheers! ;)

124 posts
+1 more
JStephens says
Greysound said
Hey again Jonathan,

You are very welcome my friend.

By the way, I think you can start these kind of threads under Audiojungle title in order to get more replies. A thread like this one wouldn’t necessarily be off-topic since it is about music/music creation (microphones in this case). I have seen way off-topic threads has been started Audiojungle forums :) Besides, it seems like, Audiojunglers don’t show much attention to this part of forums.

Cheers! ;)

Haha agreed, I’ll keep that in mind next time for sure :P

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
deadgoat says

Hi,

I agree completely with Greysound’s opinion. Rode mics are affordable and are really well built and deliver excellent quality sound. I did not have the luck to use much of their stuff, but everything they sell is reliable. I have a Rode M3, I know it’s a low-end mic, but sounds great, and it might give you that much needed bass for hip-hop vocals. You should check the M3 and it’s bigger brother the NT3 or the NT5 MP stereo-pair, for more versatile applications. These should be around your budget.

I also would recommend to check out this site http://www.oktava-shop.com/ . Here are a lot of affordable mics from Oktava, from small to large diaphragm mics. I didn’t have the opportunity to work with Oktavas, but they seem to get good reviews.

I hope this was somewhat helpful.

Have a good one!

dg

1013 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says
Greysound said
Hey Jonathan,

I’ve been using Rode NT2 -A for a couple years and It has never failed me. Awesome mic with an affordable price. I have used it for vocals, voiceovers and capturing various sounds. Always gives me what I expect and sometimes even more. Price was pretty high at the time I purchased it, but I guess it is way under 500 now.

Cheers!

Or….maybe have a look at the Rode NT2000 as it has variable polar pattern etc, i’ve been using one for a while now and they are quite natural sounding.

Some of the SE electronics stuff is supposed to be good :)

60 posts
+3 more
Greysound says
simaudio said
Or….maybe have a look at the Rode NT2000 as it has variable polar pattern etc, i’ve been using one for a while now and they are quite natural sounding. Some of the SE electronics stuff is supposed to be good :)

Well, I think Jonathan asks less than 500 for 1 mic. So, as far as I know, NT2000 is a way pricey model than NT2 -A. But nevertheless, NT2000 is a decent mic for its class ;)

QuadraphonixAssociation
QuadraphonixAssociation Recent Posts Threads Started
1046 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
QuadraphonixAssociation says
simaudio said
Greysound said
Hey Jonathan,

Cheers!

Or….maybe have a look at the Rode NT2000 as it has variable polar pattern etc, i’ve been using one for a while now and they are quite natural sounding.

Some of the SE electronics stuff is supposed to be good :)

Yes, SE has also some good mics, I’ve been using a SE 2200A and I’m petty satisfied with it! For a bit more money you can also purchase the tubified version.

1013 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says
Greysound said
simaudio said
Or….maybe have a look at the Rode NT2000 as it has variable polar pattern etc, i’ve been using one for a while now and they are quite natural sounding. Some of the SE electronics stuff is supposed to be good :)
Well, I think Jonathan asks less than 500 for 1 mic. So, as far as I know, NT2000 is a way pricey model than NT2 -A. But nevertheless, NT2000 is a decent mic for its class ;)

Yeah, your right for some reason they are a lot cheaper in the U.K. although Sweetwater are doing them for sale price $600.00

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=rode+nt2000

Cheers :) but the se range is worth a look.

by
by
by
by
by
by