348 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
andrenavarre says

I was wondering why I was getting errors uploading my files with my item names on the exchange. I found the culprit, he has a number of our files on the exchange, and he is using his videohive referral code to steal our referrals. He has a number of our files there, contact me and I will give you his Exchange and his Envato usernames.

I sent him an email: (feel free to use it as a template)

Hi Raheem,

Hope you are well. My name is Andre Navarre and I am the creator of a number of templates you have uploaded to the Adobe Exchange website. Thanks for promoting my files, but I am afraid that you will have to remove them from the exchange website. You see, by uploading these files that I created, you are breaking the Adobe license agreement because you need to be the author of the files that you upload (see bellow for details). As I am the author of these files, you are breaking the rules and are hurting my financial returns by stealing revenues from me with your referral code. Also, I am trying to upload my own files and am getting errors because you have used my item names.

I noticed that you also have another account on the exchange, and I will be sending you this same message through that account. Same goes for all your accounts on the exchange with my files.

I am only sending you this one notification and will give you 1 day from now (21st of May) to remove my files. If you do not remove them before tomorrow, I will be forced to make a case with Adobe and have them terminate your account and whatever other legal actions they chose to pursue. I will also be forced to take up the issue with Envato (and Videohive) if you do not remove these uploads immediately.

I don’t mind you promoting my files on your personal blog or any other website using your referral code. Feel free to do this as you wish, and let me know if you have any questions.

I hope you understand. All the best, Andre

Eligibility and Uploading Requirements (taken from Adobe’s Exchange Licence Agreement)

You may upload Submissions to the Site provided you agree to the following terms and conditions:

Excluding any Adobe-authored software, you are the original developer, or have all of the necessary legal rights to grant to Adobe the license below in Section 2 or 3, as applicable, to the Submission.

1562 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+9 more
dorde says

Omg, he uploaded 847 items to adobe exchange…

348 posts
+6 more
andrenavarre says

“A” for effort. Takes me almost 10 minutes per file to upload. Poor guy is going to feel pretty silly very soon when all the emails come flooding in! You can contact him via only one of his exchange profiles I think. Envato staff, will you address this issue or should I contact support? Seems to be a massive attack!

1562 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+9 more
dorde says

Thanks for letting us know about this.
When I check detailed adobe TOS , at first I will send him a message from his videohive profile page.

348 posts
+6 more
andrenavarre says

Well, he seems to have been promoting our files quite nicely! lol he has an interesting use of his videohive profile. I wonder if he knew he was in the wrong…

1042 posts Massfocus
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
Massfocus says

Thanks for letting us know indeed … i wonder where he gets the time to upload that many O.O …

Also it links back to a known vh author as well, and they seem to share the same site as the one uploading all the content on the exchange. If you look enough you can see who it is. Don’t want to point fingers in the thread.

596 posts THINK DIFFERENT
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
Generator says

^ I see what you mean. Could be related. Could be the same person.

Follow the trail to Vimeo too – hundreds of our files.

Edit – found three VH accounts now – all seemingly connected.

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

Thanks for letting us know guys, if you have any issues like this in future, please contact support asap! Thank you!

by
by
by
by
by
by