320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
timmylogue says

Having some issues… I was wondering if someone could help me out please. I’m writing this is ActionScript 2. So please let me know how hard this is to accomplish.

I’m trying to figure out how to add dynamic text fields to the stage, but a little more complicated.

There will be a button on the stage and the button will add dynamic text fields. 2 columns and 6 rows (max) If the user were to hit the button 16 times. There would be 16 text fields, but I only want 12 text fields to show each time.

If there are more than 12 text fields I would want it to fade in/out to the next section of text fields. For example.. preview below (gif)

\\

I’m trying to make this into a xml fade out/fade in new feed.

I would also like the user to add text into the textfields. So when they add more text fields it gets added the xml file.

Please let me any kinda feed back.

Thanks Timothy

3748 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

Hi Timothy.
Well, is complex enough to post here some code, but first part of your query can be done, somehow easily (but not short ;) ). I recommend you to use 1 dumi mc (including inside the labeled text field) on library, linked with an id, so you can use array + attachMovie to place them on stage, inside a main mc, that will get the fading-to-next-group behaviour once the array length reachs 12.

Well, briefly this is my idea on how you can get it done, if you want, make a first attemp and send me your code through my profile form, i’ll try to help you out soon.

What you can’t do, except if you use server side scripts, is add to the xml client side text modifications. For that you will need php, for example, but most probably php+mySQL, and that’s a complex project, ofc.

320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
timmylogue says

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

Question… Do you do custom work? If so how much would something like this cost?

I would need the server side script (php) to work. So if they make changes it will be saved. :)

Just let me know. I can explain a little better if you still don’t totally understand the concept.

Thanks again for the reply. Timothy

3748 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

Hi. Yeah, i’m available for freelance, if you are not in hurry with this (i’m bit busy with personal projects right now) then contact me through my profile form, we can talk about your project.

by
by
by
by
by
by