346 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Ane_Novak says

We are writing to kindly inform you that your Moneybookers account is temporarily suspended for outgoing payments due to a routine security check. To consider unlocking the account we kindly ask you to send us:

1) a clear scanned copy of a paper address proof document (such as bank statement or utility bill) which has been issued on your name, within the last three months and sent via the regular post to the postal address, registered in your Moneybookers account.

(Please have in mind that we do not accept and process card statements and mobile phone bills, so such documents cannot be used for address proof.)

Alternatively, please find attached a banker’s confirmation. The respective document should be filled in by a bank official with no fields omitted.

The documents should be scanned in high resolution in one of the following format files: PDF , JPEG, BMP , GIF, or TIF .

2) a detailed explanation regarding what the purpose of use of your Moneybookers account is. 3) a detailed explanation regarding what your relationship to the private email address holders with whom you have exchanged payments via our system is. Please also specify the purpose of the respective payments.

Once the documents mentioned above have been received, the verification of your account may take up to two business days and you will receive confirmation that your account is fully verified. Please be advised that we are legally obliged to freeze your account if it is left unverified.

Have you ever received similar letter?

7592 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

paypal does this too, not with the same words but they verify your account at some point.

When you reach a certain transaction level they need more proof that you are the owner of the account.

What I don’t understand is why is not enough to provide your ID and you need to give them bank statements or bills or whatever.

You should contact them and provide them with the documents they asked for. Hope this will not turn into one of those horror stories that the internet is full off. Like, you give them all they ask and they are still not happy about it and want more documents.

But this is more specific apparently, you send some money to someone and that made them angry. How can they take your money, send it to someone else and then block your account and ask why you send it? Really strange.

Also, be careful that is not some fake mail that want to scam you.

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

I got this email once as well.

Its for your own personal security, but some may not see it that way.

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Anyone who work with Moneybookers/PayPal online come to this point, usually when you start to have high pick on your account transaction (usually transaction around $6000-$10000 a year you are been flag for the first time ) ,just do what they ask and you will be ok .

They usually look to see if you use there system before under the same name and check if you had problem at the past like clean credit (apply more for the US resident) or other issue and verify your identity.

I have been held twice by PayPal first time was ok 2 days second for almost 30 days ,it’s scary man, more as the don’t tell you what’s wrong.

I have some friend’s that have store on the ebay and was completely shot down by PayPal for 180 days and he still don’t know why they did that without the option to pull the money out .

I suggest also if you are doing well online to swap from personal account to a business account.

Just take it serious and do what they ask, and do it fast ,if from any reason they will block you down on Moneybookers/PayPal i can almost say you are toast or like duro say a horror stories, the big issue in most case they don’t tell you what is really wrong ….

Also for anyone who open a Moneybookers/PayPal firs step you need to do is just verify it by adding you credit card if not you are unverified account from start and just by adding your credit card from start you can avoid trouble on the way .

1578 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

We are writing to kindly inform you that your Moneybookers account is temporarily suspended for outgoing payments due to a routine security check. To consider unlocking the account we kindly ask you to send us:

1) a clear scanned copy of a paper address proof document (such as bank statement or utility bill) which has been issued on your name, within the last three months and sent via the regular post to the postal address, registered in your Moneybookers account.

(Please have in mind that we do not accept and process card statements and mobile phone bills, so such documents cannot be used for address proof.)

Alternatively, please find attached a banker’s confirmation. The respective document should be filled in by a bank official with no fields omitted.

The documents should be scanned in high resolution in one of the following format files: PDF, JPEG, BMP, GIF, or TIF.

2) a detailed explanation regarding what the purpose of use of your Moneybookers account is. 3) a detailed explanation regarding what your relationship to the private email address holders with whom you have exchanged payments via our system is. Please also specify the purpose of the respective payments.

Once the documents mentioned above have been received, the verification of your account may take up to two business days and you will receive confirmation that your account is fully verified. Please be advised that we are legally obliged to freeze your account if it is left unverified.

yeah today i got this email and my account temperory locked, i sent required documents well see in my account have money :s

1180 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

The documents should be scanned in high resolution in one of the following format files: PDF, JPEG, BMP, GIF, or TIF.

yeah today i got this email and my account temperory locked, i sent required documents well see in my account have money :s

If there is your ZIP code and the documents are valid then no problems. In my case I’ve sent a bank certificate with stamp and signed by administrator and passed. ;)

Edit: Ohh you just woke up an old thread :P

by
by
by
by
by
by