409 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
joesacco says

Well said Adam. It’s way more than the music when it comes to selling.

936 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
permian says

And I will be changing my profile name as well… To something more memorable than a name.

For me, I’m not sure about that and recently was thinking of changing my profile name on something that looks like a name ) Are Danny Elfman or Hans Zimmer composing under some label-like names? Heck no. Their names are their trademarks instead. In your case you have nice and memorable real name… well, as I think ) In my case I’ve finally decided to leave profile as it is for a while.

307 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

Yes, mostly all of the big name Hollywood composers have had big names. John Williams, Howard Shore, James Horner, Bernard Herrmann, Alan Silvestri, ect. Even Bear Mccready. There are always exceptions. Ennio Morricone, for example.

I don’t think you can be too successful in America without a digestible name. The world market is a different story, but changing your name to something palatable is what’s done here, unless you are already blessed with something people can pronounce. HaydenDavenport works fine – it’s actually a fairly memorable and catchy name.

Of course, to be successful on AudioJungle I don’t think your name factors in too greatly. In the top-ten authors list, the only person with an actual name is TimMcmorris.

936 posts
+1 more
permian says

... There are always exceptions. Ennio Morricone, for example.

mm… what did you mean by that? :)

MysticLotusMusic
MysticLotusMusic Recent Posts Threads Started
21 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
MysticLotusMusic says

Hmm… It looks I will thinking about it a little more. Thanks guys!

The main reason for it though, would be to distinguish my two different works. I guess you could say I don’t really want my audiojungle account to appear when people are searching for like… Things I have scored the music for. (That hasn’t happened yet… But it wouldn’t hurt to prepare for it. :P)

So basically I guess I was wanting to reserve my actual name for other uses. However… I guess it wouldn’t hurt to have it all in one.

307 posts
+1 more
adammonroe says

... There are always exceptions. Ennio Morricone, for example.
mm… what did you mean by that? :)
Ennio Morricone has had much success composing for Hollywood films with an Italian name. But if you asked the average American to pronounce “Ennio Morricone,” most of them probably wouldn’t know how.
936 posts
+1 more
permian says

adammonroe, yep, got it; I was thinkin this man’s name is known everywhere. Btw, in Russian pronunciation it sounds pretty solid and impressive )

HaydenDavenport, got it too. We wanna keep our names for something big and real )

307 posts
+1 more
adammonroe says

adammonroe, yep, got it; I was thinkin this man’s name is known everywhere. Btw, in Russian pronunciation it sounds pretty solid and impressive )

Americans can be a little ignorant at times. No offense intended to anyone, it’s just been my personal experience as someone who was born and raised here. My real name is Kopcinski; I’ve had to explain to nearly everyone I’ve ever met how to pronounce it. A few people were smart enough to know. I have replaced it with my Mother’s name.
by
by
by
by
by
by