183 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
AlexanderRufire says

Hi, just want to ask, is there a reasons to send music to lables, if I’m just a producer and not going to give live performance?
Is there somebody who have experience with lables and can tell about it?

755 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Synchrotron says

In some cases, yes. An established label often have a good network of contacts which can help promote your music. If you plan on a physical release they can act as investors and pay for the release.

I’ve released on a couple of different labels, mostly techno, without being a performing artist. The music gets pushed through promo pools where DJs pick up tracks and play them in their sets. This helps getting a song known to a wider audience.

Although, most established labels don’t accept unsolicited demos. They already drown in the amount that gets sent to them. Most of my label deals have gone through friends who either know the people on the label or run the label themselves.

Then again, DIY can also work. With sites as Bandcamp, CDBaby or releasing the music through TuneCore to iTunes and Spotify it’s quite easy to get the music out there. The hard part is getting noticed.

67 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ndandeband says

I’m trying to sell my music on Record Union, they provides items to most known mp3 stores. [self-promo link removed]

183 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
AlexanderRufire says

Thx 4 replies,
And there are TRAX on AJ, that works as music shop. It’s not so popular, but maybe it will grow.

I thought about DIY project, but not sure about promotion. How can I compete than with lables which are specialized in that?

I sent some tracks to lables, they were accepted, but one lable said, that it will be 20-50 dollars from track in best situation and that is not probably.
Maybe I should send to big lable? Or, is it a good way definitely to start DIY with less promotion? Promotion is main thing that stops me.. How should I promote my tracks? Site? Youtube? They are also needs promotion :)

by
by
by
by
by
by